Part 6: Jesse's POV

We didn't after that until the near end of the movie. I really wanted to say something to him but I didn't know what to say. The movie was almost over when he nervously said "Do you want to do something after the movie, like go out to eat or get a cup of coffee?" "I'd really like that." I said and he looked relieved. The movie ended and we were walking out. I was walking behind Ponyboy when I accidentally tripped over my own feet and fell on his back. He quickly turned around and caught me. "You okay bab- I meant Jesse oh my gosh I'm so sorry." We both laughed and started walking toward the nearest coffee shop do get a drink. The whole walk we were laughing and goofing around. I tripped again and he caught me again and we started to laugh so hard that he couldn't stand and he fell and we laughed more until our stomachs hurt from too much laughing. It was late so the coffee shop was empty other than us and the workers and I'm glad because we were really loud. At the coffee shop we sat and played impersonation games so I can get to know the gang better. He would impersonate someone from the gang and I'd be confused and he'd crack up and tell me who it was. "Hello I fix cars and eat cake all day." He said. "Ummm, I don't know..." He burst into laughter, it's Steve. Okay okay, let's try another one. "Hello, I am a carbonated drink and-" I cut him off yelling "SODAPOP" and we both laughed so loud that the worker had to shush us.after a few more rounds of playing, we threw our empty cups away and walked over to his house, laughing again. We opened the door and the room was quiet, so we started to tip-toe and we had our hands over our mouths so we don't make noise, just in case anyone was asleep. Ponyboy stepped on one of two-bit's empty beer cans and slipped and I started laughing. I couldn't help it. I  tried to help him up but he pushed me down instead, so we were both on the floor laughing. "Ponyboy?" "Yeah Jesse?" "I had a lot of fun today, being with you and all." "I had a lot of fun too." " can you promise me something?" "I've gotta know what it is." "Promise me, that no matter what, you'll never leave my side." "I promise." He said. And after a few seconds he also said, "but do I have to be at your side? Can I be in fron or in back or you, or..." I started laughing and Sodapop came in. We forgot we were still lying down on the floor and we laughed and stood up. "Looks like you two had a lot of fun." "Yeah, we did" I said. "Was there any smooching?" He said and Pony and I smiled and looked at each other. "I Guess you could call it that" I said and Ponyboy laughed to himself, soda just looked at us in a weird way. "Soda, can Jesse stay for the night?" "Well if it's okay with Jesse." He said. "Yeah, my dad won't mind." I stated and my and Ponyboy smiled at each other And he held my hand and dragged me. "Come on, I'll show you around."