Part 16: Jesse's POV

I woke up with Ponyboy's arms around me, I felt safe, but then I remembered what he did to me, how he hurt me, and suddenly it felt all kinds of wrong. I quickly pulled away, which woke him up. "Hi Jesse", he said smiling and lifting his head, then he frowned and put his head back on his pillow with his hands over his eyes "gosh I had a nightmare last night and now my head hurts" he said. "It's okay, it'll go away quickly" I said rubbing his hair with one hand. I was upset at him, and yes, it WAS going to take time before I forgave him, but I wasn't going to be mean to him, I was going to act like a friend that's slightly angry. I guess I just can't live that long holding grudges and staying away from him. I got up and got dressed as fast as I can before Ponyboy could get up and see me changing. "I'm going to help Soda with breakfast" I said and left so he could change. "Hey was it fun last night?" Soda asked when he saw me walking in. I froze for a second, then I just walked passed him without answering. "Was it?" "No, it was the worst night of my life but it's okay now." I said then he stopped placing the green pancakes on a big plate and looked at me. "Boy problems, huh" he asked. I didn't want to tell him the story just in case it ruins anything so I just said "I don't want to talk about it" "okay, but just know, if a guy likes someone a lot, it clouds his decisions and sometimes he does stupid stuff out of nowhere, you just got a learn which ones are forgivable, and which ones aren't" I looked at him after he said that "well, I'm pretty sure what he did is forgivable, he didn't mean it, I just gotta teach him a lesson." I told him "oh yeah? What did Pony do?" He asked, but before I could answer Ponyboy walked in. "Good morning guys, what are we talking about." He asked. Sodapop looked at him "You and I are going to have a nice long conversation after breakfast pony" Sodapop told him "uh, okay?" He answered and I started "Soda, please don't. You don't have t-" "yes I do Jesse. It's family and we got to help each other out" the last time I heard those words were when Dally was trying to get me out of trouble, Dally's gone now, but I have a new family, it won't replace him but they love me like family, so it'll do. I just miss him so much.
*TIME JUMP TO AFTER THE BREAKFAST*