Part 32: Ponyboy's POV

Time passed and my teacher gave a copy of my extremely long essay to the publishers. They told him that they'll give him the final decision today, so I'm waiting for his call so he can tell me wether my essay made it or not. I'm sitting next to the phone while Jesse's having fun with soda outside. Suddenly, the phone rang. I was so nervous. In one minute, I'll either be an author, or a student with a huge extra credit. I put the phone on my ear and spoke "hello?" "Hey Pony, it's Steve. Mind if I drop by?" I was disappointed that it wasn't my teacher. I sighed "sure" "what, you don't want me? Fine" "no no, you can come, I was just expecting a specific call" "okay. On my way man" I put the phone back but it rang the second it hit the phone holder thing. THIS TIME, it was the moment. "Hello?" I said. Hoping and praying it teacher. "Hello Ponyboy, it is your teacher talking" "hello sir" "I got a call from the publishing company today, they think 'the outsiders' is a great name to put on the book, and they loved the book. They'll be in stores in 2 weeks. Congratulations!" "Thank you thank you thank you." I said and closed the phone. Wow, to think that if I never failed, I wouldn't have had this book, and if it wasn't for the socs, I would've never failed in the first place. I'm actually thanking the socs for something. I ran outside, Dally had already arrived. "GUYS IT HAPPENED. MY EXTRA CREDIT IS GOING TO BE A BOOK IN TWO WEEEKKKSSS" and they all congratulated me and we all jumped around. Except Steve of course.