Part 27: Jesse's POV

"Come on Ponyboy, we're gonna look for help" I said so he could get out of his room and into the car. We drove to the doctors office and waited for our turn. "Jesse? That's your name right." "Yeah, Jasiah, but people call me Jesse" " I feel like you're really important, but I can't remember why, it's weird, I'm not forgetting the feelings I had, but I'm forgetting exactly what happened and the memories." He told me. " that's because feelings are in your heart. You had a memory loss in your brain. Not your heart." (Oops that was cheesy sorry) he just smiled. Anyway, weather I can remember you or not, I'm glad you're in my life now. I smiled at him and he smiled back. The nurse interrupted our moment she opened the door and looked at her clipboard "Ponyboy Curtis" she called and he, Soda, and Darry all followed her into the other room, I didn't think I was welcome to go with them so I just stayed in the waiting room, he doesn't remember me anyway. I don't know how much time passed, or how many magazines I looked through, but they finally got out the door. No one was crying or anything, that's a good thing, but they weren't skipping around with huge smiles either. I stood up and walked over to them. "So, what did the doctor say" I asked. Soda answered "she said that its a minor memory loss but little things that might have anything to do with the era of time he lost his memory might trigger the memory to come back. Like anything to do with you or what's happened in the past few weeks, like Trent showing up or you doing something that you might have done Might bring some of his memory back. Get it?" I feel like I understand but it's still kinda confusing, but I kinda get the idea. We went home and I kept trying to remind him of us. We were on his bed. "Hmm, Ponyboy, do you remember Cherry? You should, you've known her since before the past few days." I asked him, maybe remembering her might bring back his memory of the night he kissed her. "Yeah, I do, she's the one Dally was trying to pick up at the drive-in a while ago" the thought of Dally was sad, but I pushed it away because I had to focus on helping Pony. "Yeah, good, now do you remember when you, me, her and Trent went to dinner, she was there." I said.  I didn't say anything for a few minutes after that, he was still trying to remember so I waited, then he finally answered. "You know, I have a really strong feeling that happened, and then something real bad happened that night, but I can't quite put my finger on it." I didn't want to remind him that he broke my heart. I just said "yes, something did happen..." "OH, I think I, I did something wrong, I don't know what though, I'm remembering hints, like pieces of a puzzle." Thank god, he remembers some things. "Yes yes you did, you broke someone's heart." That didn't come out like I wanted it to, wups. Then he looked up at me with bubbly eyes. "Did I break your heart Jasiah?" I quietly answered. "Yes, you did Ponyboy." "Did you forgive me, did we make up?" "Yes Ponyboy, we did, don't worry" whatever I did, I'm so sorry Jasiah, I love you, that's one feeling I strongly remember, seriously, I see you and for a second I see a flashback of things that happened, happy things, between us, I didn't want to tell you because it was so brief and I didn't know if it was us or... But I remember my love for you. I really do, I get happier, and this excited feeling when I see you. Everything else is a bit hazy but that." I hugged him and my eyes started tearing, I think tears of joy. He remembers that he loves me, there's still hope to remind him, things are going to be alright!