Part 14: Ponyboy's POV

*TIME JUMP TO THE DINNER*
Jesse and I walked to Trent's house where Cherry and Trent were waiting at the front door "Hey guys, glad you could come! Should we get going?" "Yeah let's go" Jesse said. The whole walk, Jesse and Trent were catching up and Jesse told him about her parents and why they moved and stuff and Cherry and I were talking. "So how is everything Ponyboy? She asked to start a conversation "great, I met Jesse and she made everything much better than before, i love her." "I'm so happy for you! Are you guys dating yet or" "I don't know, we've never made it official, one second its like she loves me but ever since she reunited with Trent I feel like she's going to replace me." "Oh I see" was all she could say, I don't blame her, there isn't much to answer to that." We got to the restaurant and took our seats. Jesse sat in front of me and Cherry was next to me. Trent was in front of Cherry, or in other words, next to Jesse...  All  Jesse and Trent we're ping was talking to eachother. They were talking about New York and Dally's gang and blah blah blah. Cherry and I were talking until our food came, we all just quietly ate. When we were done, we were waiting for the check and Trent put his arm around Jesse. I had it, I was sick of it, she barely looked at me anymore let alone share about her day or talk to me that much nothing even happened at the movies yesterday. Then, I did something, I wasn't even thinking, I did it out of jealousy and the fear of Jesse not liking me anymore.  I held head and pulled her to my face, then I pressed my lips against hers and pulled away after a few seconds. I don't know why I did it, I didn't even like cherry that much, I love Jesse. Jesse's eyes got red and she ran off. I followed her after quickly leaving money for Trent to give to the lady. Cherry and Trent gave the money and followed us. Jesse was running toward the park. The one where Johnny stabbed Bob, the one where Dally died, the street where Jesse and I first bumped into each other the day after Johnny and Dally's funeral. She sat near the fountain against a big tree and put her face into her knees and started crying. What have I done? I hated making girls cry, especially girls I was I love with.