Part 17: Jesse's POV

*TIME JUMP TO AFTER BREAKFAST*
We ate breakfast and I offered to do the dishes so I was in the kitchen, and like Soda said, Ponyboy and Soda had a conversation, and I had no doubts it was about what Ponyboy did to me, soda was going to ask him what he did, and then he was going to tell him that it's wrong, he's so predictable sometimes. I finished the dishes quickly and quietly went closer to Soda's closed bedroom door to eavesdrop. I know it's wrong but I couldn't stop myself, I had to know what they were talking about. I heard Ponyboy's voice, he sounded angry "ITS ALL BECAUSE OF THE TRENT GUY" He yelled. "I JUST CANT STAND HIM TRYING TO STEAL JESSE FROM ME, HE KNOWS WE BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER BUT HE LOOKED ME DEAD IN THE EYE AND PUT HIS ARM AROUND HER WITH A HUGE SMIRK" was that really what happened? Well, now that I think of it, he was trying to push Pony away from me, but I hadn't realized it until now. All this time, Trent wasn't looking to be friends again, he wanted to steal me all for himself, I should've listened to Dally when he told me Trent was trouble from the beginning. I heard Ponyboy walking towards the door so I ran to the kitchen so he doesn't know I was listening. I Waited a few minutes then walked to his room to apologise about Trent.  I was at the doorway when I saw him lying down with his hands on his face trying to calm down "Hey" I quietly said as I slowly walked toward him. He took his hands off his face and looked at me, smiling a little and he answered "hi Jesse" and he sat up so I could sit next to him. I sat and started to talk. "I'm really sorry about Trent, I didn't realise he wanted to be more than friends and I didn't know how much it was hurting my relationship with you. I'm so sorry and I'll try not to make it happen again." His face lit up and he had a huge smile after I said that. "I forgive you Jasiah, I love you so much." Then I remembered, I still never told him I forgive him. "I forgive you too, for the other day." He didn't say anything but he hugged me with the biggest hug ever. When we pulled away awhile later he looked at me. "Jasiah, will you be my girlfriend" I was so happy, of course I wanted to be his girlfriend "YES I DO I DO I DO" I said jumping and he stood up too and gave me a huge hug. Then, Trent came at the door.