Chapter 1 - Introducing... thesis

• Dedicated to Stephanie Chandra

"Antonio!"

Huh? what was that? was someone calling out my name?

"ANTONIO!!"

uhh, I groaned as I woke up and got out of my bed.

"ANTONIO! WAKE THE HELL UP! IT'S ALMOST 7AM! I DON'T WANNA BE LATE FOR OUR FIRST DAY!" a female voice shouted. must be Jenny's.

"Yeah yeah, I'll come right up. " I weakly replied . Seems like I only slept for five hours. My laptop is still turned on. Maybe I was that sleepy last night. Damn funny sites on the internet. Always makes me stay up too late. Anyways, I fixed my bed, turned off my laptop and changed clothes. I heard another voice though, a gravelly one. must be the voice of Allan.

"HEY SHUT UP JENNY! CLASSES WILL START AT 9AM! IM IN A MIDDLE OF A FREAKING GOOD DREA-"

"I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR DREAM, JUST EAT UP ALREADY!"

Oh my, there's food already. Jenny is really awesome. She said that she would take care of the house cleanliness and the other chores. It seems that she is doing alright, we just need her to calm herself down.

"Hey hey, Jenny. Isn't it bad for you to shout like that? It can hurt your vocal cords. Wouldnt want to miss up another performance just because you can't sing again." I can hear Paolo's voice while I was walking down the stairs.

"YOU CANT HURT YOUR CORDS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING RIGHT, STUPID." She angrily replied."besides, even if I can't sing, we have a good lead vocalist right here."

Everybody's eyes went to me then Allan grabbed me from behind and started rubbing hist fist to my head. "Yeah! Who's a good singer here, huh!"

"Hey! stop that!" I said while I'm trying to break off his grab. I remember that one time where we tried to make a cover with me singing the vocals. I think it was "the man who never loved" by discus theory , and it turned out great. one million hits in jam zam, an online video streaming social site. Ever since, the band wants me as vocals, but I refused. I just can't sing and play bass at the same time. During that cover, I'm just singing, so we just have to go to Jenny's talent.

After I broke off, I saw the food.

"Wooah..." I said as I stared throught countless omelettes and corned beef and hotdogs and fried rice.

"Hey, aint ya cooked too much , Jenny?" Paolo exclaimed.

"I was figuring out that I have to live with three boys, and boys have a big, big stomach to fill, right?" Jenny said and then she let out a grin.

"But this is too much, we could have this as lunch and dinner and would still have some left for tomorrow!" Paolo exclaimed.

"Whatever, I'll dig in now!" I said. It made my hunger elevate so much, that I just sat there and tried to munch on it. But Jenny slapped my hand before I even touched the serving spoon of the rice.

"Have you forgotten you manners, Tony?" She bolted at me. Yeah, we have to say grace before eating, I forgot.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. " I said. I pulled my chair back and got my head down. Everyone else followed suit.

"Thank you God, for the bountiful food that we have today." Jenny prayed.

"err. super.. bountiful." Allan whispered .

"shut up." Jenny whispered back and stared at Allan with furious eyes.

"Amen." We replied in prayer.

And then I proceeded to munch on everything up to my heart's content. I always liked eating so much because I have a fast metabolism rate. Whatever amount I ate, I never get that fat. And it takes small effort for me to lose weight.That's why I thank God for giving me a trait like this. I get to enjoy the taste of lots of foods, without worrying about getting fat.