Chapter 8 - Far Away

• Dedicated to Asuka Tokinobu

"You sure she's gonna be alright?" I said as we closed the big white academy clinic room door.

"Yeah, I think we brought her to the place where the people inside has seen those kinds of problems." Paolo replied with confidence. "Plus, you still need to regain energy , man!"

I just strode with him in silence. I still can't believe the things that has happened today. I know it exists in our actual world but to experience it, finally, with my own body... It was ..shocking. Amazing, yes, but shocking as well.

"Man, I never thought levitation was true until later. Did that really happened?" Paolo pondered.. "can you hit me right here?" He points to his left arm.

Out of a sudden Jenny hits his arm with a strong punch from behind.

"Ow! " Paolo screamed in pain.

"Just following orders, Pao." Jenny happily replied.

"God-darn it! I was ordering Tony, not you..." He said while rubbing his arm with his hand, as if trying to make the pain go away. "You could've at least pinched me."

"By the way, where's Allan?" I finally spoke.

"Oh, he's starting the van of doom so, let's hurry." Jenny ordered.

"But what about Angela?" I asked.

"Im pretty sure she knows where her house is, Tony.Don't worry." Jenny gave me a pat on the back.

"Heh, never saw you so concerned with a girl before , Tony." Paolo said while looking up, smiling. "I remember that time when I'm that concerned to a girl for the first time."

"Like hell I wanna know- oh wait." Jenny stammered, "I wanna know. "

"Heh, girls. " Paolo chuckled.

"Oh just say it! I might know who you're talking about anyway. " She let out a cute smile.

Paolo replied with a smile and he closed his eyes as he started to speak again. "It's just the simple things at first, like waking up just to say 'good morning' to her, making sure to reply to all of her messages when she texted, to entertain her when she feels lonely and to show her that I'm there when she needed someone to talk to. "

Jenny interrupted. "You know Paolo, for a weirdo, you're really sweet."

Paolo chuckled. "I think I'll take that as a compliment." He looked down this time.

Jenny then looked up too. "She's a really lucky girl, I can assure her that. "

"I never thought you had already set your eyes on someone, Paolo." I said.

"No, Tony. Not just my eyes, but my heart as well." He replied to me with a smile.

"Oh..." Jenny smiled in awe . "Aren't you the sweetest weirdo in town right now?”

"Shut up." Paolo replied while laughing. "But it's true though. You really can't ...control yourself to sound corny when your words are coming from here." He points to where his heart is.

I can hear Jenny screamed "awwww!!!" so much that  I'm the one who got embarrassed in her place when people started to stare at us weirdly.

"SHUT UUP PAOLO! But... I really love to hear those kinds of words ... " Jenny then proceeded to a low, monotone voice "... even if it wasn't meant for me but ..." Jenny returned to her normal high pitch voice "..come on! You sound like a character from a movie I just watched recently!"

"Really?" He replied. "I'm not really a fan of love stories... and pickup lines, for the record."

"Heh, I think you'll be a real ladies' man once you did. You’ll be like Allan… only more kind, and muscular. " I suggested.