Chapter 22 - A Whole New World

“Heh, let’s see the look on the professor’s face once we see him.” Axielle smirked.

“Th, the professor?” Aimei asked.

“Yeah, professor Zimilan the fourth. He knows stuff.” Axielle said.

“C-can he be trusted?” She doubted.

“Oh yes. Well, kinda.” Axielle replied.

“K-kinda?” She appeared to not understand abbreviations.

“Oh, sorry. I mean kind of.” Axielle corrected herself.

“Oh, I think that’s bad. We are not sure.” Aimei said while staring at the ground.

“Well, better than nothing, your majesty.” Axielle assured. “Besides, he always gives valuable information to us, like insider information, so I think he’s safe.”

“I really am puzzled with the way that you speak nowadays.” Aimei turned to me. “Especially you.”

“What? I … I uh always spoke like this befo..”

“No, Antonio. You never stutter when you speak. You always spoke with words and dignity and courageousness…” She continued.

“I told you I’m not the prince that you’re talking about.” I tried to stop her but she continued.

“Now, you’re just a void of that man that I used to know.” She looked away in sadness.

“Well, it’s because I’m not even the guy in the first place!” I raised my voice.

“Hey, watch your-“

“It’s alright, Erial. “ The princess calmly calmed her.

“It’s Axielle now. I’m not that Erial girl or guy anymore.” Axielle said.

“Oh, I just have somehow triggered your past person.” Aimei replied.

I nodded. “Though I must’ve been triggered something from my past if you were right, so…”

“No.” She rejected the idea. “My power is not yet complete.”

“Yeah, that would explain it. The princess absolute command over uhnna mustve reawaken Erial back in me for like, forever , not in just three minutes.”

“Y- you have forgotten something, that is.” Aimei said.

“Ugh, enough with the cryptic words already.” Axielle replied. “I’m sorry , princess but it’s just creeping me out.”

“Your way of talking made me feel nauseous actually.” She replied back.

“Oh, sorry to hear. That’s how we talk in our time.” Axielle said.

“We live in democracy here in Daromelania. There are no kings, queens, princesses or whatsoever . They are extinct.” She added.

I interrupted. “Uh, what about emperor Kojiro…”

“Shut up, Tony.” Axielle darted me back right away.

Aimei’s face suddenly is filled with delight. “Kojiro? Kojiro Satomi? That cute little kid became emperor?”

I heard Axielle blabbered. “wow, you saw Kojiro when he was young? You’re so old.”

Why did Axielle get so cold recently?

I just said “Really? Well, he kinda reigned for almost a thousand years now.”

Aimei was shocked… “So..so he…”