Chapter 18- Merging Thoughts

"Hah, You're bonded with a ghost. That's something isn't it!" The professor just laughed at the whole thing.

"For the last time, sir, it's not funny." I said.

"Why yes! It is!" He pressed on the laughter.

"Sir are you gonna help me or just laugh at the whole thing." I asked but my tone more like demanded.

"Heh, watch your tone, boy." He commanded.

Woah, I'm the one being insulted, then I need to shut up. If professor isn't really smart then I would've not stand another minute in his office. Its been really silent here. Not just the office, but the whole school is since its a Saturday. School's off this time but some of our professors are still here to finish stuff.

"I'm sorry. I think I've been carried away by the thing that we have discovered earlier." He brushed the book that he's holding with his hand.

"You see, the inscriptions that you sent us just proved that you are..." He explained.

"I am?"  I curiously asked.

"... a desperated highschooler." He concluded.

"Nah, just kiddin!" He let out a chunk of laughter. "It's another message."

I just stood emotionless. I wanna send the feeling that I'm serious.That I don't like being played around when I'm serious.

He went near and tapped my right shoulder. "Come on , kid! Don't take life too seriously. You'll never know what you'll miss."

He proceeded to turn around, facing the grand window that's right there in his office that hovers over the soccer fields.

"....like the information that I've got."

"So... is it really true? Have you found the..."

"Her name? yes." Professor Zimilan replied with haste. "I'd like to play around a little more but since you've been acting like the usual teenage brat like you are then yes. I did know."

That yes gave a sudden burst of joy deep inside my spine. Finally, with her name! I can unlock myself out of her hauntings.I can finally live a new life without any ghost inside my room, or in my classroom, or anywhere! I'm so excited to know what it is!

"Please, professor! Tell me! " I demanded.

"Woah there , hotshot." The professor darted back.

I fell back into confusion. "Oh? What it is now?"

"First things first." He went closer. "If you wanna know her name, then you must first know these."

"Her name, is supposed to unlock her out of the dimension she was set by Aswang, and by speaking her name would summon her presence who's powerful enough to control her." He explained. "You lucky guy, however, don't need power, since she has a deep attraction to you since she thought that you are prince Antonio."

I just chuckled. The image of me being a prince is really too much.

"Okay? Since I can summon her with her name then... why are you telling me all this?" I asked.

"Don't be a fool, Mister Villanueva." He darted. "Not only you can speak her name. Her name can be unspeakable to us, yes, but there are Gadolinians out there that can speak her name clearly. And when they do..." He whispered. "They will control her."

He went back. "Make her the monster that she once was."

I just got confused even more. "But- but how?"

"It's too difficult to explain Antonio!" He faced me.

"Just promise me one thing. One thing." He went near.

"Only you and the princess can know her name."

"But you already knew her name." I complained.

"Don't worry!" He secured me with a pat on the shoulder again. "Your secret's safe with me" With an assuring smile.

The view of mahogany walls with paintings of wars of history made me curious.

"You really had a great line of ancestors, huh professor? " I asked.

"Yes. I guess." He replied.

"You...guess?" I reaffirmed.

"You know son, being knowledgable has its perks. The more I know stuff, the more I get ... depressed at the world." He sighed.

Well, being a genius has its perks. And its downfalls.

He grabbed a small note from his desk. He double checked it before giving it to me.

"That's how you pronounce the name of your ghost. I hope you remember your fifth grade pronunciation." He instructed.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Before you go, do you have any questions?" The professor announced.

"There is this... one thing that... I really wanna know." I finally admitted.

"Well, spill the beans out! I haven't ate anything since breakfast. Im starving." He hurriedly commanded.

"Oh yes, uh..."

"Well?" He asked.

"Why are you helping me? Well, besides being a part of a mage society and all..." I said finally.

"Well, let's just say that... I'm thrilled to meet prince Antonio himself here in our time." He let out a grin.

"What? You also believe that I am him?" I asked.

"The evidence are all present, Tony. I don't need to tell them to you one by one but don't worry, of course. Only a genius like me can see that." He replied, walking towards the door.

"And a word of advice if I may, " He continued.

"Yes?"

"Don't get yourself fooled by a pretty face. You're better than that." He opened the door.

"Now get out." He commanded, then laughed.

I laughed back as I went outside.

"Oh, Tony." The professor added. "I have just talked about the old piano room with the dean. We're remodeling it for you guys. We're appointing you to be the head of the music club."

Oh, great.

"Uh... okay, I'll consult with Jenny." I replied.

He just closed the door shut.

Today may be Saturday and there are supposedly no classes, but this afternoon will be the club orientation. Everyone will go to school and pick new clubs. Putting us in charge of the music club will just attract people. Oh, I hate this. I have to consult with Jenny back home.