Chapter 19 - Into The Clubs(Varsity)

Oh my , oh my oh my... lot's of different clubs... wherever should I go, huh? Well, good thing Tony let me off the hook. The guy knew me. heh, maybe I'll treat him to a burger after.

But... It's already thirty minutes. Gah, I'm searching for clubs that might have lots of chicks on them but... still .. no luck :(

I checked out the volleyball team but... turns out, there were no girl varsities in the kingdom excpet for wrestling. I hate racism.

I don't wanna try out for wrestling , either. Slamming other girls is one thing, but guys? Just no.

The art club has lots of cool chicks in them. Might wanna try.

Oh, right. I suck at drawing.Oh, I just can see them with their busty fronts - and bottoms... oohh. I think this is worth a shot.

After a few minutes, I was kicked out because of what I draw. You don't wanna find out.

So, which club will I go next? Oh.. I hate it. I'm just good at guitars and sports.

sports.

Oooh! right! There's always the cheering squad! I need to find that club... hmmm... where in the hell could that be?

my senses are tingling. hmmm... the cheering squad must be in a field somewhere. I think in a footbal field or somewhere.

I need to check out the football field.

Well, it's been days since I last played, huh?

I really loved that sport. It's the sport my father has left me. Oh yes, he's a great football player. he's pretty famous at our district, making believers happen with each kick that he makes. I really idolized everything about him.

I tried to mimick him. Study his moves. Become an awesome player like himself.

Only to find out I can't reach him eventually.

Especially when sickness got the best of him earlier. I was in my second year high school. Pretty much the time where I saw Jenny again. His sickness kills him day by day. His kicks were missed by his fans, especially by his best fan.

Me.

I miss the way he teaches me how to play the game. I miss his plays, his kicks. I longed to pray everyday for his strength to get back to his feet, to his legs... to see him kick the ball that he gave me long long ago.

But days passed, and he can't even walk anymore.

I stayed with him. Like a best fan. No matter what happens, there's always something that never really faded away.

His undying spirit.

But his body can't handle the burden of bearing the sickness that destroyed his passion. His spirit faded away, together with that line in the hospital that determines a person if he is still living or not.

My spirit gave away as well. I haven't played the game anymore. somehow, I blamed the game for what has happened to my father. I even threw the ball outside of our four story house. I watched it float down the nearby river.

Together with my dreams of becoming a football player.

But Jenny... she...

She went up one day at my house, exhausted.

She's holding the football that I threw days ago.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

She looked down on my football.

"You know , your father is a great man. He made our district proud. Sometimes..."

She paused. "Sometimes, things like this happen. Because . Because good things will happen even if the things that you're experiencing right now are just full of ..."

Jenny was smooth and reserved back then, and I really liked the way she made me realize how great my father was.

"Well..But I'm pretty sure that your father is very proud of one man right now. The man that made him inspire to great heights, to achieve great depths jsut to impress that man."

She looked at me right in the eye.

"Who would have thought that his number one fan... mean the world to him? He always mentions you after his games, practices, and interviews. He would've not achieved it all without you, Allan."

I remember her leaning in to me.

" You know that he'll be sad if he can see you right now."

She gave me back my football.

"Don't let him down. It's your turn now."

Oh, memories.Sometimes they mess up your decisions, and sometimes...

..they help.

"hey! You!" Ugh, I was snapped by my memory recalling stuff.

Oh, I saw a football roll ... right in front of me.

I went to look in the direction where the sound came from. It came from the...

Daromelanian Knights. The varsity football team of the school.

"Hey, isn't that... Allan..."

"Yeah! Join us!"

I heard screams of affirmation from them.

This is clearly an invite.

I smiled as I kicked the football to their place.

"Heh, it's my turn now. Right dad?" I said to the skies as I ran towards the club that I want to be with.

Thank you, dad.

Thank you, Jenny.