Chapter 14 - Chasing Dreams

"Oh , there you are, Tony." Jenny's voice boomed around the hallway, as always."Where have you been?"

"Oh, I just wandered around the other buildings that I haven't visited, that's all." I lied.

"Oh come on, Tony. You skipped class just for that?" She said.

Oh my, I forgot that I skipped class just to visit the ghost club.

"I..I uh..." I stammered.

"Come on , that's not the Tony that we knew. You don't skip classes just to wander." She exclaimed.

She took the empty side of the bench where I sit in. "Come on, is it about the ghost problems?"

"Oh no. It was... something else. " I admitted. 

Jenny looks puzzled. "What? what do you mean?" 

"Uhh.. I meant ... I've met someone new.."

Jenny nudged me on my shoulder. "Oh you womanizer you... who's  the lucky girl, huh? " She delightedly asked.

"No! It's not like that!" I answered right away with a straight face. 

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about the thing that's been going on between you and Angela..." She pondered.

"No! It's not like that too! Angela and I are just... just friends!" I annoyungly defended.

Ugh. Why does Jenny assumes a lot of things about me and other girls?

"Oh, I just felt that you two have something ..." She timidly answered.

"I thought so too." Bumps the voice of Allan. He suddenly appeared from behind the bench. 

Jenny was annoyingly suprised to see him. "AND YOU... Where have you been as well, huh?"

"I'm stalking Antonio earlier. He's with miss Valenrod earlier. Great chick. " He whistled after he talked smoothly, as always.

Jenny's face looked even worse . "Are you stalking him, or her?"

Allan defended "Well...now what's it too you if I did, huh?"

"I'll pretty much not mess with her, Allan. She's a pro wrestler." I happily warned Allan.

"Sheessh. " He smirked. "I've been dealing with a pro wrestler for these past few weeks. I should let her join the competition as well." He joked .

Jenny's face have gone from worse, to red worse. "ALLAN!" 

Her voice was enough to send Allan scurrying. Jenny rushed to Allan like a red hot missile locked in something that it will never miss.

Heh, those two. Almost every topic can make them fight.

Axielle Valenrod. Very interesting, the things she said to me earlier.

According to her studies, this dimension is a faulty one. It's so faulty that the time-stretch(History) is covered in a lot of mysteries regarding of people magically disappearing and present people claiming that they're someone from the past. She also reaffirmed that the ghost that visits me .. may not be a legit ghost. 

But when I asked her, she wasnt sure.

But she told me a long lost history of Prince Antonio Daromelania, who was lost in the time frame in the time of his coronation, thus transforming the rights to his first cousin, Mikael. Antonio's should be queen, rejected Mikael's hand , for she loves Antonio, not his cousin. She doesnt want to be wed with someone not Antonio. She loved Antonio so much, a part of her died when she found out Antonio was missing. The Empress of Nagasaki sent lots of search parties to find his love, but years had passed, but even rumors of him missing was fading away as time goes by. People accepted the loss of a wonderful heir... but she didn't . So she searched herself.

She searched so hard that even the Empress herself was reported to have been found missing.

The couple were not found until now.

The troubling part was the words that she said after that.

"This day is special.I believe that the couple was really fated to see each other. I'm really happy that they actually did today."

I asked her what did she mean, but she never told me what it is.

"You're lost in your thoughts again." Someone poked me from the back.

To my surprise, its "Oh , Angela. Hi."

she giggled. "I scared you, didn't I?"

"A bit." I admitted.

"Anyways, " She said while trying to sit beside me in the bench. "Where's the rest of the gang?"

Suddenly, Jenny's voice boomed out the hallway once again.

"GET BACK HERE, ALLAN!!!"

"There's your answer." I chuckled. Jeez, good thing its free time. The last thing I want is to wait for half an hour waiting for Jenny in detention.

She laughed again. "Always fighting with Allan, isn't she?"

"Guess so." I answered. Though I rarely see them fight at home, they always seem to fight at school.And it always has to do something with girls.

"You know... Sometimes, girls flirt with guys by fighting." She explained. "And based on her personality, I think she is."

I laughed. "Oh, is that the reason why you're not picking a fight with me?"

"Naah," she answered while sighing. "I can't fight a cute white boy with a windswept brown hair."

I suddenly got conscious of my hair. "Is that so? "

She looked away. " Yeah."

"Uhmm... "

"Yes, Antonio? " She looked right back at me in the eye.

"Could you possibly think that we could be people that were just transported here from the past?" I told her.

She seemed alarmed. "Uhh.. where did you get that information, boy?"

She called me a  'boy'. That's...weird.

"No... I just feel that we are sometimes and-"

She leaned in, with her smiling eyes becoming eyes of rage.

"I'm serious, Antonio."

"Heey." I defended. " I just thought of it, okay?"

She kept that serious stare . It's almost as if she wants something out in my brain. Something I can't really explain.

"Oh, Tony, there you are." Allan broke the heat of our conversation. Thank you!

"I think I've lost Jenny. Let's go."

"Go? Go where?" I exclaimed.

"Just follow me , man!" He demanded.

"Oh, okay." I let the recissive side in me win this time.

"Mind if I tag along?" I saw Angela's smile back, as if nothing happened.

Creepy.the stare..the 'boy'...

"I'll really , really mind, Angela. I'll appreciate if you'd leave us on this one ." Allan sneered.

"Oh, okay then. " Angela agreed. "You boys have fun."

"Let's go before Jenny spots me!" Allan dragged me out of the leisure hall, outside the hallway.

From there I can see Angela still staring at me with the fire in her eyes that send me chills down my love handles.