Chapter 5 - Angela

"Antonio... "

"Hey, Tony.."

Ugh, I woke up form a whisper.Have i been snoozing again?

"Hey" somebody's been tapping me from my right shoulder. It's Angela. I think she's trying to keep me awake in our literature class.

"Stay awake, okay? " She whispered to me.

"Uhh yeah..." I replied as I wiped my eyes and my mouth. I can see the professor writing something on the board. It's like an old maharlikan  script that involves....

"now this word written on the blackboard is an ancient daromelanian verse that means 'the spirit of the past must never be forgotten, for our spirits shall be with the future and the future after the future' . I'd like you to create an essay-"

some of the students sighed and complained quietly.

"-now come on, a three page essay regarding that verse. Any questions?" Professor similan asked.

"Tehee" Angela whispered again "Like anyone would pass that essay to him."

"Seriously? No one passes assignments to him? " I whispered back.

"Oh don't bother. " Angela replied silently. "He never checks it the next meeting. Even if he's serious about it."

"How about you? You gonna do it? " I asked her.

"Welll, it depends if you're gonna help me. " She leaned in on me. but as she leaned, her chair broke and she fell into me. we both fell to the floor.

We got the attention of the whole class that was dying for boredom.

"Hey, you two." Professor Zimilan said. "Get a room, will ya?" 

The whole class laughed as I helped Angela back up.

"Heh, why do things break when you're around Antonio. It's like you're ten percent... antimatter !" He added.

I just remained silent and offered my seat to Angela. I turned around to get a reserve seat from the back.

"Can someone please assist mister Antonio there? He could break the reserve seats too, ya think?." He said. 

Okay this is a bit insulting.

No one moved because they are all busy laughing. Anyways I got a seat and acted like nothing happened.

"Sorry for what happened earlier, Antonio. " She whispered while leaning into my ear. I'm glad the chair didn't break this time. I just nodded. All our attention went back to the professor.

"Alright, if you don't have any more questions then you're free to go. You are dismissed early. have a great day everyone." He announced. The whole class went in to gather their things.

"Hey, you going to professor Zimilan's office? " Angela said.

"Yeah, something... weird, happened again." I replied blandly.

"Why, what's wrong? " She asked . She looks like someone who is really worried.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that, I saw that thing again but it's alright." I replied in a monotone voice.

"Oh" She gasped "What did it looked like, Tony? " She asked with that angelic pitch again.

"Well, she looked like a ghost ... to the point that she did ... not ... looked like ... a ghost. " I stammered.

"Sorry, I think I'm not talking sense anymore. " I added.

"Oh that's alright," She added. she touched my elbow. "I don't think I can even speak again if I saw a ghost alone. But I believe you. "