Chapter 16 - Childhood Friends

"Wait! " I pushed my lungs a bit further. They've already stressed out while I keep Jenny at my sight.

Damn. Girls and their attitude. Do Paolo even have a say at this!?

I see her gasp for air as well as she bent over, placing her hand on her knees. I finally caught up with her. She noticed my forehead.

"Hey what happened to your forehead?"

"You know the flying  mic  stand earlier? That's why!" I felt like I shouted all of my air left just to answer that pathetic question.

"Oh. Suits you." She replied calmly.

I wiped the blood forming from the wound. The wound's not bad but it's bleeding. And it stings like hell.

"What is wrong with you, woman? " I exclaimed.

"With me!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, That's the question !" She darted the question back to me.

"Wait, what? I'm, always like this, Jenny." I said. I never changed. What really matters is her walking out everytime she got the chance.

"Yeah, Allan. That's right. You're always like that. Always inconsiderate of everyone's feelings! It's always about you, right? You? " She started to look mean . The really mean look. And when I say mean, It's really mean.

"You don't even care how I felt back there!You never did anyway! "

"Come on! I never thought that we're gonna wear the same shirt color! And what's it to you anyway? It's just a goddamn color!" I finally shouted back. This girl really can get ... a pretty bit annoying to say the least.

"I'm not just talking about that! " She darted back.

"Then what the hell it is, woman?" I darted loudly.

"L-lot... A lot more things!" She hesitantly replied.

"Aww come on. You're the same age as us. You know what I am. I can't babysit you everytime well, "

 I looked away.

 "When I baby sat everyone too."

"You WHAT!? " She screamed back. She threw that pen in her bag at me. And guess where it landed? Yeah, in my freaking bleeding forehead.

"Oww!"

"You call 'chick-hunting-while-me-watching' baby sitting!?" She screamed even further.

She went in closer and closer. Her voice rises up with every ste, roaring, like my mother used to scold me once. Damn.

"You call not giving any shit around people that you know 'baby sitting' !? Well I've got some news flash for you, Allan. Nobody wants your 'baby sitting' !" She pushed me with all her might. I just stagerred for a couple of inches, but the emotional strike hurts the most.

"But I do. " I bowed to the ground. "I just don't know how to react after the thing that you said before." I said as I wiped the blood out of my forehead. Damn, why do these bruises need to sting like hell?

The memories were still fresh in my mind, the words spoken at that moment.

Jenny. She's more than a friend to me. I've already met her long before I can play guitar. I met her when I was six.

I moved to the neighborhood with my parents. We happily bought a house within the peaceful town of Marthel, within Windy City. I really love to watch the daily action series of Tanakeshiro, the Sixth Superior, and his deadly robots. Chaos was still stirring on Hachimansaigo back then, and the news were like flicks from a superhero movie. They air live the battles within the terrorists faction all around the world and the minions of our hero. Every moment was thrilling.Besides that, I fell in love with soccer, the sport that the earth people taught us Daromelanians. Everyday, I'll go outside the park with my soccer ball. I'll just kick it around by myself because I never saw any other kids back then. I thought I was the only kid left in that neighborhood.

Until one day, I saw her.

She was at the swings.

She was really cute back then. I was really happy to meet another kid at the playground because I've been lonely for quite some time now. Even my parents cant attend to me cause they're so busy working. I picked up my soccer ball and went near her.

She noticed me ... especially the soccer ball.

She went off the swings and went closer to where I am, still staring at the ball.

I threw her the ball and she caught it clumsily.

"Let's play!" I remember my  words back then.

"Uh... alright." She said. Still curious with the ball.

She held it for like minutes, just investigating the ball.

When I realized that she didn't know about soccer, I laughed.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked.

"You're supposed to kick it." I replied.

"K-kick?" She asked further.

"Yeah! I'll show you."

And we played soccer until sunset.

I think that was the best sunset that I ever had.

 because it made me realize that tomorrow...

 I won't be playing alone anymore .

But It was too late to know that it was her last day on the neighborhood. They moved in to suburban Windy City the next day. And I never saw her face for a long time.

until I met her again in Windy City Academy when we first entered middle school. When I saw her again for the first time, it felt like butterflies just sputtered all over my tummy as the memories of our childhood came back. And well, to cut the story short, she felt the same way and we end up together... not officially us but there's love in it, to say the least...

..Well, until I caught her dating with another man. I mean, it's not really wrong  for her to date another man at that time but , I just thought that she just eyed me out as her only... well ... one.

Guess I was wrong.

"You had to let go of that." She bowed down her head.

"And, I'm ... I'm really embarassed right now."

"Oh that's great!" I just uttered in major disappointment. "Now you're just remembering it all, did you? Yeah, I've got a perfect view of how you two kissed!" I wiped another batch of blood off my forehead.

"You, might...wanna ... do something with that forehea-"

"Oh, don't try to escape from me this time." I snapped her back to the conversation.

"Well yeah? Then tell me how did you manage to kiss Lydia in front of me huh?" She answered in defense.

"It was after I've found out that you're with Dylan that made me do that thing!  " I darted quickly.

"That's , that's not the point." She turned around. "You, you just gave up on us like that. You never asked me... If I still want you... you never did after that."

"Well, how could I ... How..." I stuttered. Yes, that's how full of pride I am back then. but  that doesn't mean I regret that right now.

"Yes, I do regret that thing. I guess I never really pursued Lydia if I talked to you about that first."

"So..." Jenny looked at my eyes again. "...Shall we..."

Her captivating blue eyes always hypnotizes me, even if she really has done everything wrong in the first.

Her look would melt it all away.

"...Mend my forehead? Yeah."

She shooked her head just a bit slightly."No, not that."

Heh.

I got back to the front door to get that large band kit again to patch myself up.

"I know what you mean but... I need to take care of myself first."

My last wink was all that she saw after that front door closed on her.