Chapter 28 - No Safe Place

All I could think of was the six vagabonds charging right at us, and I know that I'm never more screwed in my entire life. I saw them readyng their fists for a mouthful impact to my face.

But a sudden burst of light blinded my view.  Everything was so bright, I had to close my eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOW!?" I heard Jenny screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW!" I can hear Allan respond to her as well.

"Brace yourselves!!" Paolo warned us.

With my eyes closed, I just  shielded myself with my arms and I bent slowly, to protect my stomach from any incoming hit from ... anyone.

I thought the thugs made the blinding light, but judging from their agonizing screams and large thuds, well... It's someone's fault.

The agonies ended, but its weird. Nothing happened to us.  I tried to check if they're okay by shouting. The light was still blinding so I just shouted.

"Are you guys okay!?"

"I wanna ask the same thing to you, Tony!" Allan replied back.

I tried to open my eyes.. the blinding light was slowly fading.

"I'm...."

But what is this? It's almost as if there's still someone here.

"...fine."

Theyre were all facing their backs at us, its almost as if they have protected us or something.

I looked more on the details on the man on the middle.

He's wearing red Nagasaki robes, with the symbol of Nagasaki Empire on his back, and with his long blonde hair...

When he turned around to greet us, well, there's no doubt.

"Emperor Kojiro..." I muttered.

He stepped forward and checked us of any injuries. "Are you alright? I hope we made it in time."

"And with the famed P.R.O.J.E.C.T.S. too!" Paolo said.

"Pleased to meet you!" The hulk in iron dude replied. "I'm sorry the light beam took too long to activate. We initiated it from Nagasaki , you see."

"I can't believe it. Jonathan!? Allan?!  Tahone ? " Jenny looked so happy to the point that her happiness would make her fade...

and she faded. Good thing Allan got her just before she tripped."I'm sorry dudes, big fan." Apologized Allan.

"Oh, no worries." Allan Garcia replied. "Once you get that a lot, its easy to get used to it."