Chapter 18 part 3 - Merging Thoughts

"Okay." The professor sighed. "I guess it can't be helped then.And I think it would be unfair on your part to be informed this late."

"You can participate in the orientation though. Just make sure that you'll gather members on your orientation, whenever that is." He added.

"Alright. It will be on saturday." I ruggedly replied.

"Now now, I need to go. I'm finishing my speech for this afternoon. Good luck, thesis."

then beep. the line was disconnected. Good thing I have received the professor's number early this morning so I don't have to go there myself again. At least I'm gonna be with my friends now in the orientation.

I was about to turn to the kitchen and eat some waffles Jenny made recently but my attention turned to the engine roaring around from outside our house. The sound of the machine's cry was that the same of Allan's van.

Great. Allan's back.

a quick swing of the door and there goes Allan busting in, like a real rockstar.

But he met a flying pan that hit his chest hard, staggering him for at least two steps.

"YOU PIECE OF - " Jenny shouted.

"What is it now? " Allan grunted back. "Ugh. My white shirt! You messed it up! Now I have to go find that other white shirt that exactly looked like this.."

Oh. The shirt that he's wearing by the way is a limited edition Born to Rock™ apparel. It only appeared in the clothing market for one month before they pulled out the series because stocks ran out. And he got one of the thirty shirts. For most of the time now I just thought that he was just wearing the same shirt for two days straight because he's proud of that shirt but really, he has two of those.

He really is a cool guy.

"Had fun with your little date, Allan? Huh? " She added in her frustration.

"Sheeesh. Are we gonna talk about girls again?" Allan asked indifferently.

"Yeah! We are, Allan! and you're not gonna get away this time." She said.

"Heh?" He reacted confusedly. "What do you mean?"

"Hell yeah!" Jenny affirmed. "That blonde, gray eyed girl that got you off your knees was my bet!"

Allan looked at me seriously.

"She forced you to tell it, didn't she?" He said in a low , monotone voice.

that voice just made me nod.

"It's alright, Tony. It's alright." He replied gently.

Allan sighed. "That's Kynareth, my cousin. She needed help with her history class. We're on the same class. We have the same surname when our professors call us, right?"

He looked Jenny in the eyes. "Sometimes Jenny, before you do drastic stuff like this..." He points to his shirt that is now filled with the oil and grease of the pan "...at least, better make sure you have a valid reason for doing so."

He grabbed the pan and place it in the table and he proceeded upstairs. "... I'll go get changed. wait for me."

"Oh, is that..."I think Jenny just lost her anger in just a splat. Then it re emerged. At me.

"Then why haven't you told me Tony that it was just Kynareth!" She said.

"I told you.. uhh... I forgot the name." I explained.

"You could've at least told me that it was Allan's relative!" Damn girls. They always wanted to be right.

"Oh right. My bad. Sorry." I just apologized to end this. And maybe give her a satisfaction that she won or something

"You could've at least threw the waffles that you made." Paolo suggested while  eating the same bunch that I ate earlier before I called the professor.

"Are you kidding? That's our snacks for later!" Jenny said. "Don't even think about touching it."

Aw. And I'm really in the mood for eating one. this is sad. :(

"Don't you think its too early to cook snacks?" He suggested. Go Paolo. I want one of those yummy waffles.

"I don't think so. I need to pack them in our tetra food packs then let them cool off for a bit."

cool off? no. I want to eat them hot. Why would you even want to cool off a waffle on an early winter afternoon?

"Antonio." Paolo snapped me out. "You're drooling."

Jenny gave a huge sigh. "Fine. You can take one."

and that afternoon was really happy. Jenny really makes the best waffles :)

I hear footsteps coming  down. "I'll start the van. You guys get ready." Allan's voice announced.

"Oh hey, by the way," Jenny said. "We're all going to join the music club."

"huh? Arent you telling me that you dont want to join that club?" Allan objected.

"But it's the professor." I butted in. "We want us to lead the music club."

"Yes. I really want to lead something for the first time in this kingdom." Jenny aspired.

"Aren't you happy that you're leading the band ?" Allan asked seriously.

"A-am.. am I ?" Jenny stammered.

Allan sighed again while getting out of the apartment. "Whatever Jenny, whatever."

Paolo wondered finally."So...was that a yes?"

Jenny just smiled. Not just any other smile, it's a mysterious one. something that I only saw once. It kind made me smile as well.

"Yeah. That's a yes."