Ch. 2

(Katherine's p.o.v)

School drags on until it's finally time to go home. I decide to walk home instead of taking the bus. I don't feel like hearing all their crap.

"I thought school would never end." I say.

"I know, it dragged on." Mackenzie said back.

"I hate school so much."

"Did you tell your parents?" She asked looking at me.

"What's the point, they can't do anything."

"They can do something." She ensures me.

"Like..?"

"I don't know but they can do something ."

"I don't know." I say looking at the ground.

"I gotta go, see you later bye."

She gives me a hug and goes up to her driveway. At least she has other friends and a good life. Perfect boyfriend, perfect family, perfect life. I'm just do jealous. Why can't I have a decent life? I mean my parents separated so many times, I hated it. Liam had to make my dad stay with him. It was over a week until he came home. life is a living hell. I get back home and run upstairs to start with my homework.

~~~~~

"Katherine!"

"Yes?"

"Come down and eat."

"I'm not hungry and I have homework."

I go back to my science homework and do as much as I can. I hear someone come up the stairs and knock on my door.

"It's open."

"Kath please come down." I stop what I am doing and basically freeze. They sent Liam up or Liam just came up I don't know but he's up here. I scream internally.

"I got a lot of homework to do."

"You can do it after."

"I'm almost finished, I'll be down in a minute."

"If your not down there I will pick you up and bring you down."

I give him a thumbs up and go back to my homework. I don't get why I do it but I do. I turn on music and put headphones in, that usually helps me.

"One way or another I'm gonna find ya

I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

One way or another I'm gonna win ya

I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

One way or another I'm gonna see ya

I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha

One day, maybe next week

I'm gonna meetcha, I'm gonna meetcha, I'll meetcha

I will drive past your house

And if the lights are all down

I'll see who's around

One way or another I'm gonna find ya

I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

One way or another I'm gonna win ya

I'll getcha, I'll getcha

One way or another I'm gonna see ya

I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha

One day, maybe next week

I'm gonna meetcha, I'll meetcha." I sing out loud and I turn around in my desk and scream. I see Liam and Harry listening to me.

"You guys scared the heck out of me." I say taking out my headphones.

"Sorry." Harry chuckles.

"Come on, you have to eat." Liam says laughing still.

"Fine." I get up and go downstairs Harry and Liam following behind me.

"Whatcha make?" I ask my dad.

"Spaghetti."

I nod and he gives me my plate, I sit at the table and go on Instagram. New pics of the boys fill my news feed. Mackenzie tagged me in a photo we took today. I take a selfie making a stupid face with the spaghetti and post it on Instagram. I tag my dad and my mom in it like the loser I am.

"Nice selfie Kath." my dad says.

"Thanks."

"What selfie?" Liam asks.

I show him the selfie I took and go back to looking at everyone's posts. I get thousands of likes and followed in a matter of seconds. I look at one of the person's profile and I see someone who looks a lot like my mom, wait... it is my mom.

"Hey mom?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know who this is?" I show her the profile and she nods.

"That was my friends profile, her name is Maddy."

"Why did you say was?"

"She died. Her mom and dad keep her profile going so people don't suspect anything I guess."

"Oh. She was really pretty."

"Yeah, I miss her a lot. Me and her where like you and Mackenzie."

"That close?"

"She was even technically my sister because my parents adopted her."

"Oh."

I finish my food as head back upstairs. I put my phone on my speakers and turn it up really loud. I change Into my pjs and put my hair into a bun, then get into bed and go to sleep for the night.