Chapter 32

Liam POV

I rush into the hospital and run strait to the desk "i was told to hand this card in, i got given it by the paramedic"

The woman who looks no older than 30 takes the card and just writes a number on a piece of paper, hands it back to me.

"room 311 is where she will end up after she leaves surgery, i will send her doctor too the room when he is available to update you on her condition"

she's in surgery, how bad did she get?

i nod at the lady i turn to walk until i find the room 311, i open the door and an instant wave of ice hitting me, it is so cold in here, so dark.

i sit on the chair in her room after opening the blinds, and sit for over an hour before the doctor comes into Leah's room

"hello, may i ask what is your relationship too Mrs.Styles?" he says to me

"i am her fiancé, Liam Payne"

The man looks at his note pad that he is holding "okay, Mr.Payne, your fiancé suffered from massive blood loss, i do need to ask you some questions that may be invasive is that okay?"

i just nod at him, words wont escape my mouth

"i see that you had a son 6 months ago, is he in good health?" he asks me, i can see where he is going with this

"he got really sick with colic, had a lip tie and had really bad reflux?" i reply honestly

"okay, and how did you and Leah cope with that? it cant be easy?"

"um i was away for work for a couple of months so she was home alone with him, she didn't tell me any of this until i got home" i cant help but hang my head in shame, this is all my fault, it wouldn't of been as hard for her if i was there

"okay, thats interesting, has Leah had a past of depressive tendencies?"

"She has had multiple, her parents died on her 13th birthday and her brother left, so she lived on the streets for a bit, she ended up living with her best friend but ever year on her birthday it got worse and worse, she found her brother again, then we started dating and he got mad at it and said some horrible things and she relapsed again, and she had been fine from that moment till now"

I look at the doctor as turns around and walks out the door, he didn't say anything he just left, is that good? is that bad

A woman walks back into the room and starts talking to me "Mr.Payne, your girlfriend is now out of surgery, she has lost a lot of blood and she dose need a lot of rest, by what you told the doctor it sounds like Leah is experiencing Postnatal depression"

i look at her in shock, i have heard of it but i have no idea what it is, or why Leah has it

"what is that can you explain for me please"

"postnatal depression is a type depression suffered by a mother following childbirth, typically arising from the combination of hormonal changes, psychological adjustment to motherhood, and fatigue, it can also be a lot of those together including stress"

god I'm so mad at myself, i didn't notice any of this, i never should of left, she deserved so much better.