Chapter 20

Niall's POV:

A few months have gone by since that night with Louis. That was the last time any of us saw him. The boys and girls never ask about him anymore either.

With every passing day my heart aches for him. I couldn't even tell you how many times I have pulled out my old guitar and played mine and Louis's song. Or the times I've played 'Love You Goodbye'. Connor has started to worry about me more and more. I knew he saw me breaking piece by piece. I knew he heard the nights that I just laid in bed and cried until all feeling had left my body. It also didn't help that his birthday was tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to wake up and kiss him, telling him how thankful I was to have him in my life.

It was two days before Christmas and me and the other boy's families were all going on a small holiday together. Since we all had our own family's now its hard for us all to hang out together. So what we do is go to Harry's old house for Christmas. It was the one he lived in before him and Kennedy got married. He still kept it though since it was a nice house with a lot of rooms.

I had helped pack up Melia's and Audrea's stuff. Connor always packs his own and Tate just asks me to go back through his stuff to make sure he has everything.

I picked up the girl's suitcases and mine and carried them out to the car. I put them in the trunk and closed it before walking back in. I had hid all of their presents in a garbage bag and didn't want any of them to see it.

"Connor is yours ready to go yet?" I yelled and waited for him to answer. I watched as he came running downstairs with his bag and one shoe in his hand.

"I can't find the other one! These are my favorite shoes!" He sat his bag down and ran upstairs. I chuckled and followed him to his room.

Every time I walk in all I can imagine is that night and the mess that was left behind, along with his limp body. I shook my head trying to get rid of the picture and looked at him throwing things out of his closet.

"When did you last see it?" He sat back and looked at me.

"Last night after we came in from outside." He stood up and pointed his index finger.

"It was sitting next to the computer. But then I moved them. I had thrown them in here so it had to have landed in this area!" He turned again and ran to the corner of his room. He began moving things out of it and grunted when it wasn't there.

"Dammit." he whispered and I gave him a stern look.

"Don't say that around the other kids and I have no problem with it." I said. "And maybe you packed it already." He looked up at me.

"Knowing me yea probably. Thanks dad!" He ran past me and down the hallway. I chuckled and went over to Tate's room.

"Hey Tate. You have everything?" He turned around and smirked.

"What?" He pointed on top of his dresser where Connor's missing show was. I bit my lip to hold back a laugh and shook my head.

"You sneaky monkey." He nodded and opened his bag back up. I looked through and nodded.

"Yea seems like you have everything. I have your bathroom things in the extra one so you don't need it in with your clothes."

"Thanks dad and please don't tell him I have his shoe." I nodded and picked up his bag.

"Alright I'm going to take this out to the car now." I walked downstairs and to the living room where Connor left his stuff at.

"DAD I CAN'T FIND MY SHOE STILL!" I gave a small laugh.

"DID YOU CHECK THE CLOSET BY THE DOOR?" I heard footsteps as I walked outside. I popped the trunk again and slid their stuff in the back. When I came back in Tate was sitting at the dinner table laughing quietly to himself as he played on his iPod.