Chapter 31

Niall's POV:

I quickly, gently and nervously made Connor stand up and follow me to the bathroom. I had him sit on the closed toilet as I pulled out bandages and grabbed a wet wash cloth.

"You're better than this, Con." I kneeled down in from of him and began to put pressure on his wrist from the cloth. He winced for a second but then sat still and watched.

"You are so much better." He shook his head and broke his gaze away from his arm.

"I'm not better if I keep ending up in the same place."

"Same place or not, you as a human should never feel the need to hurt yourself." I looked up to him but he only watched the bathtub.

"Connor please look at me." He turned his attention away from the object and placed his eyes on mine.

"I care. I care so much and I hate seeing you like this. Let it out some other way. You can yell at me and hit me and tell me to fuck off but you can't keep hurting yourself. I love you okay? And because I love you I want to help you get better. If you want to go to therapy then.... Okay. I will get you anything and everything you want if it helps you out. Just please promise that you'll stop." I blinked and swallowed hard trying to not cry. I watched as he scanned over his arms and began to slowly nod before becoming a full one.

"I can do this. I can get better." I smiled and shook my head.

"You can get better. It is never too late to turn your life around." I moved the cloth to his other arm and began to clean that one just as the door opened. I turned to look and saw Louis walk in.

"Hey I- Connor what did..." He began to shake his head and ran over to us. He somewhat threw me a little to the side so that he sat beside Connor's right side. He looked at his exposed arm before reaching over me and grabbing the bandage. He began to wrap up his arm.

"I know I haven't always been here for you guys lately but I promise I will never leave. I will try to be a better father and...." I looked over at Louis as he looked at me.

"Ex-husband. I know I can treat you guys better than how I have and I'm willing to change." I gave him a gentle smile as a single tear fell from his eye.

"Its okay Louis. You don't have to be afraid." Connor spoke softly. We all sat in silence for awhile until Connor shuffled over to Louis and sat down next to him.

"When Niall was depressed how did you help him?" Louis sat back off of his feet and onto his butt.

"Well I-" I stood up and walked out of the room. I didn't want to think about those times again. I have four kids to take care of now and can't get held back from doing my job because of something messing with my head.

I walked over to Audrea's room and opened up the door. I peeked in and saw her sitting on the chair in her room with stuff all down her chest and stomach. I pushed the door open and too giant steps over to her.

"What happened?" I asked and bent down to her height.

"I threw up." She pointed over to her bed that was covered in the disgusting substance.

"That's okay." I turned back to her and looked at how much was on her outfit. I took off her shirt, careful to not get any on me, and threw it over to her dirty clothes basket. I then pulled her bottoms down, leaving her in her underwear. I stood up and walked behind her door and grabbed her towel before walking back over to her. I wrapped it around her small fame and gently took her into my arms. I carried her to the bathroom where Connor and Louis still sat.

"Excuse me guys but can you please leave? I need to give her a bath."

"Sure what happened?" Louis said as he got up.