Chapter 18

Niall's POV:

Later that night Kennedy came down and dropped off my other three kids. I thanked her and gave her a hug and watched as she walked back to her car.

"Did you guys eat dinner?" I looked down to Melia and she shook her head.

"Alright I'll cook something up." I walked into the kitchen with my three kids following me since Connor was already sat in the chair we had in there.

"What's this a family project?" I chuckled at all of them watching me. I opened the fridge and freezer and moved things around.

"How about frozen pizza?" They all clapped and cheered.

"Sounds good to me." I pulled out the two boxes. Me and Connor liked pepperoni while the others liked just cheese so I always had to make two.

I turned the oven on and pulled out the pizza pan and washed it really quick. I then opened up the cheese one and put it onto the pan. I opened the oven and put it in then turned around to see everyone watching me.

"What?" I smiled at all of my kids.

"You are a really good dad." Connor stated.

"Thank you." He stood up and walked over to me and gave me a small hug. Of course when Melia saw a hug she had to ran over and wrapped her arms around us. Audrea giggled and ran over and threw her arms around me as well. I looked up at Tate and smiled at him.

"Come on Tate!" I held my arm out to him. He rolled his eyes and walked over. I stood there with my four kids in my arms. Even in this crazy messed up world these are the only other people I needed. I didn't need a husband to be happy.

We pulled away and walked into the dining room to sit while waiting for the pizza to cook.

"We should play a game." I looked over to Tate.

"What game?" I asked and he shrugged. Melia squealed and ran away probably to her room. The rest of us sat at the table and waited for her since we heard things hitting the floor.

"Excited kid." I said and Connor laughed and nodded.

Melia came running back holding onto a small box. She forcefully climbed up into my lap and sat down while putting the box on the table. It was her new Sophia The First game. (I actually played this with my three year old cousin and aunt so its a real game)

"Okay let's have a look." I took the lid off the box and pulled out the instructions.

"If you get a chip that looks like this then you have to do a curtsy. If you get one that looks like this you have to be ladylike and remove your elbows from the table. If you get this one then you have to pour tea for everyone." I picked up the teapot and sat it on the table.

"Who ever has the most food on their plate at the end wins." Everyone nodded except for Melia.

"Alright. Since there is only four cups me and this girl." I tickled Melia's stomach since she was sitting on me. "Will be a team." Everyone nodded.

"Okay Audrea you go first." She reached up to the small table that came in the box and picked up a chip.

"Strawberry." She said and sat it on the small plate in front of her. Tate reached over and picked one up.

"Some kind of desert." I looked over at it.

"I have no clue what it is. Kinda looks like cheesecake though." Connor reached over to it and picked one up.

"A teapot. Don't I have to pour tea now?" I nodded while looking at the instructions.

"Yea then we have to blow on the tea cup and what ever color it lands on we got one of those chips. If it lands on Sophia then we have to put all our desserts back on the original plate." This game wasn't confusing but its strange since its for little kids. He nodded and picked up the teapot 'pouring' tea for us.

"Why thank you sir." I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up." I laughed and told Melia to pick one up. She reached over and flipped one that had a picture of an elbow.

"Elbows off the table!" I said quickly removed mine. Everyone copied except for Tate.

"Wait what?" He slowly removed his. "I think I won." We all laughed at him.

"No I think daddy did!" Audrea reached for the chip and handed it to me.

"Thank you sweetie." We continued playing until the pizza was done. In the end Audrea won by two which she was excited about.

We took our pizza to the living room and I sat up the small tables for each of us to use. We put in the Lion King movie and sat eating our pizza.

It was so nice to finally sit with my family and relax. They all seem a little shaken up still with everything going on with Connor but everything will be alright soon enough.

Once the movie was done I looked around to all of the kids. Connor looked half asleep while Tate was wide awake. The girls were both sleeping though. I stood up and collected all the plates and took them to the garbage. I walked back in and picked Melia up. Tate watched as I carried her away.

I walked into her room and laid her on her bed. I then went over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of footie pajamas. I removed her day time clothes and slipped on her pajamas. I zipped them up and lifted her enough to pull the blanket out from under her. I then laid her back down and covered her up. I smiled down at her before giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Good night. I love you." I walked out of the room, turning the light off and shutting the door behind me.

I continued downstairs and picked Audrea up. I carried her to her room and changed her into her pajamas as well. She woke up just as I was leaving the room and called me over to her. I walked over and bent down so that I was next to her.

"Yea, baby?" She reached over and put her little hand on my shoulder.

"Night daddy. Love you." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I love you even more." I stood up and turned her light off. I sighed as I walked downstairs. Its crazy to think that one day I'm not going to put them to bed anymore.

"Hey dad?" I looked to Tate.

"Yea?"

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun." I smiled at him

"I had fun too."

"I'm going to head to bed. Night"

"Goodnight. I love you." He walked away but I heard him mumble it back. I turned to Connor and slipped my arms under his back and knees. Halfway to his room he woke up.

"What're you doing?"

"Taking you to bed." He seemed to have fallen back asleep as his head hit my chest.

I laid him down on the bed and smiled at him. I'm so happy and blessed that he made it and is still alive. I leaned down and kissed his forehead like I did with the girls.

"Goodnight, I love you." I headed back to my room and changed clothes. When I laid down in bed I thought about everything I had to do tomorrow. I sighed and rolled over.

No matter how prepared I think I am I know I'm never going to be ready to sign those papers.

Word Count: 1353

Tbh I love this chapter because we get to see everyone as a family instead of all over the place and frazzled. I don't know I just think its cute.