Chapter 8

I just need to do something today so I stop thinking so here is your third update of the day :)

Niall's POV:

The whole drive to the Zerrie house I tried to joke around and have fun with my son and daughter. But I can't help but wonder who the hell did that to him and why they would hurt such an innocent sweet person. I'm not saying this because I'm his father but, I really don't believe that he could have done something to make him deserve to be beat until he is unconscious.

I can't even begin to explain how much pain I was in when I saw a body lying on the ground not moving. Also the sinking feeling when you realize that it is your kid that's on the ground. I know it was at school and I wasn't there to help but he is my kid. I should always be there to help him. Every time I looked at the road I could see out of the corner of my eye that Connor will wince or his smile immediately fades. Sometimes he even let's a tear or two fall. He always wipes it away hoping that I won't notice but I do every time.

When we pulled into their driveway Audrea unbuckled herself and grabbed onto the door handle. "Open." She said as she yanked on it. I unlocked it and saw her pop it and take off running towards the door that was opening. The one who opened it was Stacy. She was Zayn and Perrie's oldest daughter at seventeen. They also had a son Andrew who was twelve. He never talked and no one knew why though.

"Do you need some pain killers?" I asked him and cursed my voice for cracking. He looked at me and slowly nodded.

"I'm so sorry dad."

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong." He started nodding and turned away as he took a deep breath. I knew he was trying to be strong but he didn't need to be. He doesn't have to build invisible walls up between us.

"Connor its okay. You can tell me anything." He shook his head and looked down at his hands.

"Dad I- I care about you ya'know. And I'm worried that you aren't eating very much." I was taken aback. I knew my eating schedule was a little off and most days I didn't eat anything but I didn't know that he had caught on.

"I'll eat more. I promise." He nodded and reached for the handle but didn't open it. He paused for a moment before turning to face me.

"You are none of those things that people called you when you were younger. You're not. You are such a good person and so many people care about you. I love you, dad." I was at a loss for words. How did he know how I was treated? I worked so hard to bury that part of my past away. He got out of the car and started walking to the house. I quickly shut it off and shoved my keys in my pocket before getting out as well. I slammed the door and ran up to him. I gently pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered. He put his arms around me for a little bit before he pulled away and started walking inside.

"Hey Perrie!" He called and I heard a gasp escape her when she saw him.

"CONNOR JOEL TOMLINSON- HORAN WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!?" My heart dropped when I heard her say Tomlinson. With everything going on right now I forgot I even had another adult who was supposed to be helping me out with these kids.

I watched as she pulled him away to the bathroom and Zayn walked up to me. We did the bro hug thing and smiled at each other.

"What's going on at your house?" He shrugged and looked over when his son Andrew walked in.