Chapter 22

Niall's POV:

It was strange to wake and realize that I wasn't at home. I sat up in my bed and took a look around before standing up.

As I walked to the bathroom to shower I looked down at my hand and jumped when my ring wasn't there. I had thought I lost it but remembered that I'm not married anymore. We had gone through all the shit divorce stuff and now I'm a free man. I can choose anyone that I want. But the problem with that is the only person I want is Louis. It didn't help that today was his birthday.

I stripped and stepped into the shower. I usually take a quick shower but there was more adults around than just me so I took the time to make sure I washed really well. Plus it was Christmas Eve so I wanted to smell nice when we went out for dinner later. Maybe I could meet a nice girl or guy and give my kids another person to look up to.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off before pulling on my clothes. I had a shirt with the Grinch on it along with skinny jeans. I pulled on my socks and looked in the mirror. I ran my hands through my hair trying to get it to quiff up like I used to have it. There was some pieces that wouldn't stand so I snooped around the room and found some gel. I used that and got it all to stick up but it slowly flopped down.

"I need a haircut." I muttered and walked out with my dirty clothes. I threw them on my bag and walked out. Melia looked down the hallway at me before squealing and running at me. I bent down and held my arms out to her and waited until she was right in front of me to lift her off the ground and attack her with kisses.

"How's my baby doing?" She giggled at me.

"Good and Connor is happy today!" I nodded.

"That's good! How is Tate and Audrea?" She shrugged.

"They are still sleeping." I nodded and carried her into the kitchen.

"Have you ate today?" She nodded.

"Yea Brady got up extra early and made me eggs!" I stared at her shocked.

"Oh did he really?" She started nodding.

"Yea they were really good! He said he'd make them again for me tomorrow." My heart sunk. I knew I wasn't the best cook but my own daughter choose to let a stranger cook her food.

"Oh okay. Well I'm going to make something for me then." She giggled as I sat her on the floor. She scattered off to another room. I looked around the kitchen for something to eat but didn't find anything that caught my attention.

I ended up just making pancakes with syrup. I sat on the couch and started to watch a random show that I knew wouldn't be bad for the littler kids to walk in and watch too.

An hour later everyone was up, except for Zayn. Harry had made waffles for him Kennedy and Perrie while Liam and Dani had cereal. The kids all grabbed something from the fridge or asked for pancakes or ate fruit. So far today had been a pretty nice and relaxing day.

I heard someone walking in and looked over to see Brady. I wanted to glare at him and tell him he wasn't right for Troye but kept my mouth shut and smiled at him.

"Hey." he said as he sat next to me.

"Hi. What's up?" Motherfucker better break Troye's heart so that Connor can date him, I thought.

"Eh not much. What cha watching?" I shrugged.

"Some show called Tell Me Your Name." He nodded.

"Cool! Mind if I watch?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yea sure." He smiled and thanked me. What the hell? How can he be so nice? Be rude so that I can hate you.

I sat quietly with my arms crossed and Brady next to me. Tate had came in and sat on the other side of me while Liam and Dani had taken the love seat. Harry sat in a chair and had Kennedy lay on his lap. I looked around at all of them. Stupid happy couples.