Chapter 9; Dinner Date

Luke's POV

Baileyy had told us boys to meet her, Daisy and their two friends at her house at 6 that night, so at 6:30 we pull up, late as usual, and Calum is STILL fixing his hair in his phone reflection.

"Dude. Calm your tits!" laughs Mike. "She likes you, clearly. Don't stress."

Calum flips him off and starts to bite his nails as he opens the car door. Walking quickly up the driveway, Ash raps loudly on the door. Nothing happens, so he knocks again, and I start to think maybe the girls can't hear it over the blaring music - even from outside I recognise Black Skinhead by Kanye. Then, I hear loud laughing, and I see Bailey's tanned, skinny figure run quickly past the entrance foyer, clad in a black bra and lacy black and gold underwear, wearing a towel on her head. Daisy appears, dressed in a long green dress that matches her eyes and doubled over laughing, with a short, curvy blonde and a tall, slim brunette at her side.

"Come in, Lily's still not ready," she says as she kisses Calum on the cheek. I raise my eyebrows at him, wondering if they're official. He gives me an excited look.

"Shit!" I hear Bailey yelling from the far end of the house, followed by loud footsteps.

"You alright?" the blonde yells.

"Stupid frigging mascara brush," Bailey says angrily, wiping her eye. She's at least wearing a t shirt now, and she kisses me quickly before turning around to finish getting ready, flashing us half her butt in her tiny underwear. I feel my face go hot and I look away quickly, and Mike wolf whistles. She flips him the bird as she turns the corner, pulling a cross-eyed face at him.

"Hey, guys, this is Hailey and Willow," says Daisy, gesturing in turn to the brunette and blonde. Hailey smiles shyly at Ashton, and I see a twinkle in his eye as he introduces himself and envelopes her in a hug. Bloody flirt. Willow grins at Mike, but he just politely says hi and helps himself to a can of lemonade, and I know him well enough to see that he isn't interested. We make small talk for a while until Bailey finally walks out in a short black dress with a deep V neckline, which looks perfect on her figure. Her dark reddy-brown hair is pinned back in a messy but intricate plait that wraps itself around her head, and she's wearing the shoes I bought her. With a black purse tucked under her arm, she slicks on some fire-engine red lipstick.

"We're going somewhere really nice, aren't we? I'm underdressed," I say, feeling stupid as I look down at my jeans, button up t-shirt and Vans.

"It's nice there, but I'm probably overdressed, if anything. We love getting dressed up," she laughs as Daisy struggles to climb in the Maxi Cab in her huge heels and long dress. Willow is fluffing her hair and Hailey looks absent-mindedly out the window as she slicks on lip gloss. I will never understand girls.

Daisy's POV

Calum and I sit at the back of the cab, talking quietly.

"Ashton likes your friend," he laughs, "but I don't think Mike is interested in the least."

"Oh, that's okay, she's got about 10 guys on the go at the moment," she says.

"Luke's in deep," he says, and we both watch him take Bailey by the hand and rub his thumb over hers. She lets him go and slips her arm around his waist, and they sit intertwined like that for the rest of the trip.

Bailey's POV

We order some flatbread and dip for the eight of us to share, and as I lift a piece covered in hommus to my mouth, Luke examines the menu.

"What's good here?"

"My brother loves the veal meatballs," I say, "but I've never had them. I love the fish and chips, to be honest, or the calamari salad. That's what I'll have."