Chapter 25; Jealousy

Luke's POV

I shuffle into the kitchen, bleary-eyed and cold. I think I'm the only one up, so I cook myself some toast, smear it with Vegemite and go to sit down on the couch when I realise with a start that it's already occupied. Bailey and Michael lay intertwined under a blanket, Michael snoring quietly. I clear my throat and try to wake them up.

"Morning," I say loudly, and they both sit up with a start. I can now see that Bailey is wearing nothing but her grey pyjama T-shirt and skimpy black underwear.

"Oh, hi, um..." Bailey starts, pressing a hand to her head. "Shit, we must have fallen asleep," she croaks.

"Why weren't you in bed?" I ask suspiciously, handing her my slice of toast so she can take a bite.

"Bad dream," she says through a mouthful of food.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I didn't mean to wake anyone up, I was just going to have a cup of tea and lie on the couch until morning, but Mike heard me and stayed out here with me."

"Nothing happened, mate, I swear, I would never do anything like that, and neither would Bailey," Michael assures me.

"No, I know. I just didn't know what happened," I say, not looking him in the eye. To be honest, I'm pissed off. I just found my best mate asleep on the couch with my half-naked girlfriend, I think I have a right to be. I'm not going to make a big deal of it but I hope they both realise this is kind of crossing a line. Over breakfast, I tell Bailey that I have to record today, and her, Michael, Daisy and Ash will be on their own for a few hours around here. They don't make any plans, seems like they are just going to hang around the house and watch a few movies. Ash comes back from his morning coffee round and hands everyone their drinks before Calum and I have to leave - we're writing and recording with Alex Garskarth from All Time Low today and we can't be late. I kiss Bailey goodbye briefly and reluctantly walk out the door.

Daisy's POV

We don't do much for whole day except talk, watch DVDs and drink tea. It's cold and we are all still in our hoodies and pyjamas at 3pm when Luke and Calum get home. They bring with them a coffee for each of us and a bag full of macarons, which taste like heaven. The boys want to go out clubbing tonight, which doesn't come as a surprise, but when they tell us we can't come we start to get annoyed.

"I knew you lot would do this and try to leave us at home, so I got fake IDs for me and Dais before we came here. Good thing I did, or we'd be sitting at home playing scrabble tonight," Bailey says.

"Why would you do that? We don't need them!" I say, shocked.

"Yes we do! You don't have to drink or anything, you just need to use it to get in wherever we're going."

"Whatever, fine, you can come, but don't use your IDs for anything other than getting through the door," Luke says firmly. He's very protective of Bailey, which is cute, but he's going to learn very quickly that there's no way of controlling her and she will always get her way. Plus, she likes pushing the boundaries, and I know she'll do anything to annoy him now that he's being all controlling.

Bailey's POV

I stomp upstairs. Luke is being really annoying - he seems to think there's something going on between me and Mike, when he's my best friend, and now he thinks he can ditch me and go party it up with stupid bimbo skanks while I stay at home and watch The Notebook? No way. I'm going to teach him a lesson - he can't control me, he has to trust me and let me do my own thing, even if he doesn't like it. And tonight, he's definitely not going to like it. We have a quiet dinner at home before we all lock ourselves away to get ready for a big night at one of London's hottest clubs. I'm going all out tonight. I tease and curl my hair into fluffy waves and apply heavy makeup - dramatic smokey eyes, winged eyeliner, false eyelashes, defined brows and cheekbones and deep burgundy lipstick. Shrugging off my robe, I pull on my shortest, tightest black dress with see-through mesh panels and stripper-worthy heels. Dais comes into the bathroom in a cute cutout navy dress and tan wedges and raises her eyebrows at me.