CHAPTER 7.

The reality of how badly I screwed up came rushing back the next morning. It was cruel on so many levels. How could I be so stupid? How could I kiss him then run off like that? I should have dragged him out of there and let him fuck me in his ca—oh, that's dirty. Aubrey, you need to behave yourself. I took a deep breath. Ok, you can do this...you're not a coward. When you get to work just pretend like nothing happened. If he wants to discuss the kiss just tell him it was a lax in judgment from almost falling to your death and that you're sorry. Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I reached for the door and withdrew a second later. I took another deep breath. You're not a coward Bre....you can do this. I know you can. I sucked  in a harsh breath. I've been standing at the front door staring at it for 20 minutes.

It's 6:30 am and I'm ready for work. I know, a big fucking surprise. I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't sleep so I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom trying my best to not think about that damn kiss but my efforts were futile. Especially since  I liked it.....so much and I just want him to come over and kiss me senseless. And I know that mustn't happen but I want it to. Badly. I reached for the door again and withdrew. I can't—I can't—I can't do it. I can't face him...not today.

I reached into my bag for my phone to text him. My fingers were trembling as I searched for his number. We exchanged numbers on his first day.

To: Joel Pereira

Good morning, I'm not feeling well. I won't be coming in today.

I hit send. I hope he believes me because I sure as hell wouldn't. I sighed. Why did I kiss him? I'm such an idiot. A very lustful idiot. I rolled my eyes and walked to my room to change. I threw my bag on the bed and  sat down to take off my shoes. I gasped when my phone chimed. My heart began racing when I saw Joel's name. I reached for my phone and read his message.

From: Joel Pereira

Sorry to hear that. Should I stop by to check on you?

Ha, ha no. I don't think I can handle you being here.

To: Joel Pereira

No but thanks. I'll make some soup and hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow.

He replied immediately.

From: Joel Pereira

Ok, get well soon.

I put my phone down and sighed. I stripped down and threw on some comfortable clothes. Once I was dressed, I called Joey. He answered on the fourth ring. "Hey Bre," He answered groggily.

"Did I wake you?"

"Yeah but it's ok—" he yawned, "so what's up?"

"I'm at home bored out of my mind," I replied.

"Aren't you suppose to be getting ready for work?" He questioned. I put my phone on speaker so I could take down my braids.

"I'm not going," I answered.

"Why not?" He questioned.

"I'm sick...cough, cough."

"Wow, that sounds serious....like a serious case of liar, liar pants on fire." He said, yawning again. I laughed.

"Big-time but Joel doesn't know that," I stated.

"What did he do this time?" He asked. I laid down with a huff.

"Nothing....it's what I did."

"And that is?" He asked over running water. He might have been peeing. I stuck my tongue down his throat and now I'm too much of a coward to face him.