CHAPTER 35.

I swear earlier hit different. My stomach is a bit swollen and I'm so fucking sore. Beth sneered the entire elevator ride to the parking lot, Joel was unbothered and I was just holding my stomach wondering if Joel shifted my inside the whole ride to the hospital. Cause shit don't feel right. "You ok?" He asked, smirking as we got out of his car. I glared at him. He chuckled, shutting his door before walking towards me and taking my hand. He's wearing a red t-shirt with black sweatpants and Vans. "That's what you get when you bite your lip." He said, close to my ear.

"No! No! No! That's what I get when you want to piss Beth off, you mean." I corrected. He shrugged.

"You have no proof of that." He said, letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes. I swear I hate you sometimes. He kissed my forehead. We were halfway to the entrance when Beth pulled up, still pissed. We waited for her, I didn't have to look at Joel to know he's either smirking or wearing some kind of look that'll just piss Beth off more. She walked passed us. "I'm sorry for making you wait so long...I was helping Aubrey find better pair of  leggings—something bad happened to the first pair she wore—"

"Oh fuck you," Beth grumbled. Joel chuckled.

"No thanks, I'm good," Joel said. I looked to the sky hoping he'll behave for at least 5 minutes while we're here.

-

We sat in the waiting room, I sat between Joel and Beth as their annoyed with their bullshit Switzerland. Jarrett and Kimberly's surrogate wants her identity to remind anonymous to the rest of their family much to Joel's irritation. I looked at Joel when he sighed, cursing under his breath. "What's up with you grumpy?" I asked.

He looks at me. "Who you calling grumpy?"

"The man that's looking me in the face right now," I replied, boldly.

"You want another round of earlier, I see." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled, draping his arm around me. He pulled me closer until he's inches from my ear. "Let's play a little game...well a bet more like." He whispered.

I looked at him. "About?"

"The baby. We'll have a bet about the baby's gender." He replied.

"They didn't tell you the gender?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I haven't heard anything so I guess it's a surprise or some shit. So. are we doing this or not?"

"Sure. I say it's a boy....what do I get if I win?"

"Anything you want." He replied.

"Ok, you have to behave yourself for the rest of the day."

"No." He countered. I made a face.

"You said anything," I argued.

"Yeah, I hoping you wouldn't ask for the impossible." He said I rolled my eyes.

"Fine.....I want a guinea pig then."

"No." He said. I threw my hands in the air in frustration.

"Omg, what can I get, Joel!" I shout whispers.

"Sex."

I stared at him for a while. "No thanks," I said, looking away. Not after earlier, I want to keep my parts functioning thank you very much. Beth laughed and Joel's jaw dropped.

"What do you mean 'no thanks'." He said, dramatically.

"No as in no, thanks as in being grateful for something. Put them together and you get; Joel, you can keep that shit cause I don't want it." I whispered. Beth almost fell out of her seat. Joel stared at me, emotionless. I leaned forward and pecked his lips. "Don't look at me like that cause you and I both know that sex is bound to happen regardless....besides I can't keep my hands off of you when you gimme that look."