CHAPTER 31.

We got home at 5:30, Joel was already home, he was in the kitchen on his phone, pacing back and forth. I took the kids upstairs to bath them then took them downstairs to watch tv. As soon as I walked into the kitchen, Joel ends his call. He's leaning on the squared island. He looked up at me, chuckling and shaking his head. He was wearing a white vest and dark trousers. I walked over to him and he pulls me into him, kissing me. "Evening  hun." He said when he pulled away. I smiled up at him. "How was your day?"

"One word: amazing. I felt sick here and there but it was still pretty amazing. We had soo much fun—"

He chuckled. "I can tell, the face paint was a dead give away," he wrapped his arms around me. I framed my butterfly painted face with my hands.

"You could never rock this the way I do," I said, laughing. He rolled his eyes, smiling.

"No, I can not...I'm glad you had fun. Now, are you convinced that you'd be a good mom?" I rested my chin on his stomach. I have to admit, spending an entire day with Jovanni and evening with Jolan made me kind of wish they were mine. No, I didn't kind of wish...I want them to be mine. I hate to admit it but I'm envious of Gean in regards to Jolan and Jovanni. I smiled, absentmindedly.

"I guess so." I muttered. "I need to get serious about my novel—I know without a doubt that when this baby comes it won't even be a thought in my mind."

He kisses my forehead. "You know I'm here you right?" He questioned.

"I know," I answered, looking into his eyes, stroking his cheek. "You're the best."

"Psh. Of course, I am." He said, cockily.  I rolled my eyes. Oh look, cockily Joel has arrived.

"Bite me," I said, folding my arms.

"Oh. I plan to." He whispered, smirking. He pinned me against the island. I gasped, looking over my shoulder at the living room. Their still in the living room thank God.

"Joel," I warned. He gently tugged my chin to face him. I gasped when he lifts me onto the island. "Joel," I warned. He kissed me. I couldn't resist him kissing him back. I moaned against his lips. I pulled away. "Joel not now. When they're asleep." I told him, jumping off the island. He spun me around and bends me over the edge. He rubbed his erection against me. Oh fuck. I bite my lip. I looked back at his smirking face. He bites his lip as he held my waist.

He lifted my dress and pushing my panty out of the way. "Should I?" He asked. I wanted to but the kids could come in any minute. I fought myself to not shake my ass on him. I shook my head.

"Later," I said. He helped me up and kisses me.

"Ok. I'll go say hi to them before I start dinner." He says, before a quick peck on the cheek. He walks out. "Take cover!" He yells as he disappeared through the archway.

"Is the evil witch attacking, Daddy?" Jolan asked. When I stood in the doorway, watching.

"Yes, Lieutenant Lani, I'm afraid she destroyed all our armed forces, what should we do?" Joel said like he was talking over a radio. I smiled.

Jolan gasped. "We need to make a pillow fort now!" She yelled, jumping off the couch, she helps Jovanni down. "Quick Jojo! To the spaceship." Jolan help Jovanni to the pit with Joel walking closely behind.

-

We ate Mac n Cheese before Joel cleaned up while I brushed the kid's teeth and put them to bed. Smiling, I closed the nursery rhyme book I was reading to them. I put the book down on the bedside table then turned off the light. The nightlight came on automatically. I kissed their foreheads. I placed my hand on my stomach. I can't wait to watch you play with them, I know for a fact they'll love you with all their heart. "Aubrey?" I looked at Jolan. Her big eyes were still closed. She sighed and rolled on her side. Aw. I pulled the blanket over them then went downstairs.