40. Three Words

A/N : I've been waiting to write this chapter ever since I came up with the idea. I've enjoyed writing it and I hope you enjoy reading it.

-Tay
----------------------------------------------
Trish's POV

The wind lifted my hair off my shoulders, while I looked at the twinkling lights of the city below me. I was nervous for tonight and I wanted to distract myself until Cole arrived.

"Trish?" His voice sounded behind me. I turned around to see he had a suit on, his hair combed and a hand behind his back. "You look amazing," he breathed as he came up beside me. I was wearing another black dress that Dakota insisted on buying me for tonight. It clung to my body figure, emphasizing on the small curves I have before it stopped on my upper thigh. "Thank you. You look amazing too," I said and smiled at him. He looked great in his outfit. He returned the smile before moving his hand out behind his back. He had a bouquet of red roses, looking and smelling fresh as I took them in my hand.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asked.

"Yes," I said before I leaned in a kissed him slowly.

"What's the plan for tonight," he asked after we leaned away. I grabbed his hand and lead him to the table he had missed when he came up. It had food on it, provided from the hotel that I had brought up from the room I booked. We weren't allowed to be up here but that didn't stop me.

We ate, our meals the same, spaghetti and meatballs. If it were up to me I'd have ordered pizza but I wanted to make the best out of tonight. We talked, wondering how The Kings and Queens were doing on the photos. He expressed his excitement for the competition coming up and his worries about what the secret plan for The Raiders.

"Was this all just to celebrate Wiz?," he asked when he finished eating. "Are we celebrating something else also?"

I swallowed, my nerves that rarely rose, started to rise as I grabbed his hand. His brown eyes flickered to my gesture before going back to my face. His eyes looked lighter in the light and his cheekbones  looked sharper.

"You've helped me a lot since we've met. You helped me open up about my mom and my baby, which I never thought I'd tell anyone about. I've started to heal because you've coaxed me through, helping me with the losses of both of them. You've never pressured into making me talk about them, intentionally. You haven't asked about the specifics about Zeke's and I relationship, which I'm grateful for. I've come to realize that that relationship wasn't what I thought I was, being with you now. I feel like a whole new person because of you. What I'm trying to say, is I'm in love with you, Cole."

His face went blank for a second before he broke out into a huge smile. "I'm kinda pissed I didn't get the chance to say it first," he chuckled making me laugh. He pressed a kiss on the inside of my wrist, "I'm in love with you too, Trish. I thought you were the most beautiful person I had ever seen when I saw you close up in that cafeteria that day. I thought I'd just be crushing on you from afar but then I spied on you and the crew in the alleyway. From there on in, I was hooked on you. I didn't expect that you would've understood when I told you about my mom, only to find out your pain has been a lot worse than mine. Loving you hasn't been the most easiest thing to do, with everything we had to do as a crew and deal with personally, but you're worth it. I love you, very much."

"I love you," I repeated and stood up.

"I love you," he said as he reached up to touch my face and kiss me. We had kissed many times before, but this one felt different. We continued to kiss and he moved forward slightly, causing me to bump into the table and knock a few things off.

"I have a room a few stories below," I said breathlessly as I broke away. My heart was pounding in my chest, my nerves gone. He grinned down at me before he grabbed my legs and swung me into his arms.

It took us a while to get down to the room, we kept stopping to kiss and things got heated multiple times. I kissed his neck fervently while I was in his arms before he stopped and put me down. He started to kiss me me while we waited for the elevator, I grabbed onto his hair on the back of his neck. His arms reached around me and groped me, causing me moan lowly. When we got to our floor, I grinned at him and grabbed his hand, leading him to our room. He started to kiss my neck as I put the key card in the slot and when I tumbled into the room, he slammed the door behind him, before kissing me hungrily again.