The Price of Love

*Be there in 10* Harry texts me.

I set down my phone and look in the mirror. I decided to wear my black skinny jeans and a v-neck. Simple but effective. I hear a knock on the door and go out to greet Harry.

He looks me up and down, "Um you look great." He rubs the back of his neck.

"Thank you. So do you." He wears all black from his pants to his shirt. But he can pull it off. Only if there could be something between us. It would be so much easier than keeping up with Niall.

"Are you ready? I think everyone is already there." I nod following Harry to his car.

He plays the Blue Oyster Cult CD I suggested and taps his thumbs on the steering wheel on our way to the pub.

We get to the pub and Harry takes my hand as we walk inside. I want to let go but I feel horrible. Iris, Louis, and Zayn are all sitting in a booth near the back. Luckily no Niall yet. Harry leads me back to them.

"I am so happy you are here!" Iris jumps out of her seat when she sees me and hugs me. "It sucks being the only girl." I take a seat on the opposite side of Iris and Harry sits next to me. I order a hamburger because Louis says they are to die for.

"So are you guys like-"

Iris starts but Harry cuts her off, "Friends, Iris." He looks down at me with a smile then back at Iris. "Just friends." He gives her a fake smile which makes me feel even more worse.

"Of course you are." Zayn says rolling his eyes. The door to the pub swings open and in walks Niall. With Liv draped all over him.

"Dear god." Louis scuffs.

Anger builds up inside as Niall and Liv sit in the booth opposite of us. Niall sits on the back side so he has me in his view. I scoot closer into Harry and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. Niall's eyes narrow at Harry. I shouldn't be using Harry like this. I like him too much to ruin our friendship over Niall.

Harry leans down to whisper in my ear, "Let's make him jealous ya?"

I nod with a giggle. I don't deserve a friend like Harry.

He pulls me even closer, rubbing my shoulder. Everyone's food comes but mine and wait uncomfortably trying not to make eye contact with Niall. But I can feel his eyes burning into me.

"Do you want me to wait until you get your food?" Harry asks.

"No go ahead!" I tell him as he puts ketchup on his plate. "I don't mind."

"You want a fry?" He holds one up.

I go to take it from his hand but he shakes his head, "Remember?"

Oh right. Harry is good at this jealously thing.

Harry puts the fry in my mouth and I lick the ketchup off his finger. He grins at me, "Is it good?"

"Very." I can feel my face redden.

"What the fuck!" Niall shoots up from his chair, knocking my plate out of the waitress' hand.

"Hey!" She yells at Niall but he ignores her.

"Charlie you are coming with me." Harry holds me tighter, not to make Niall jealous but from fear for me.

I try to speak but no words come out.

"She doesn't want to go with you mate." Harry pipes up and everyone looks at him wide eyed.

"She isn't your girlfriend." Niall clenches his fist. "She's mine."

I hear a gasp escape from Iris's lips.

"No." I say blankly looking up at Niall, my eyebrows bunched together.

"What?" Iris and Louis say in unison.

"I am not your girlfriend Niall. You ruined your chance."

"I am in a soap opera." Zayn mumbles to Louis.

"You need to come with me. I need to explain-"

"There is nothing to explain Niall. You had sex with Liv when we were together. Period. End of story."

Iris's jaw drops. No words come out but she points her finger back and forth between Niall and I. I haven't talked to Iris and I am just now realizing everything she has missed.

"There is no end of story. Our story isn't over Charlie. It just started."

"Niall-"

"No." Niall interrupts me. "You have to let me explain. I fucked everything up but I can un-fuck it."

I look around the table and everyone is shocked with what is happening. I look at Iris and she is shaking her head frantically.

"Please." The look on his face is blank but I can tell he needs me by the tone of his voice.

"Niall I can't go with you." Harry hasn't let go of me this whole time. "You hurt me one too many times and I can't go through that again."

"You won't have too." He looks at the ground. "You have to come with me because I love you Charlie."