Half my Heart

"You must be Charlie!" The girl shoots out of her chair when Harry and I near the table. "I am Danielle but you can call me Dani." She brings me in for a tight embrace.

I raise my eyebrows at Liam and he just smiles. She looks up and Harry. "And you must be Niall?"

"Harry actually." He says sounding annoyed.

"Oh I am so sorry!" She says and we all sit down around the table. "Liam was just telling me about your relationship with Niall so I just assumed."

"With Niall it's complicated."

"So how long have you guys been dating?" Harry changes the awkward conversation and I give him a thankful smile.

"A month now." Liam smiles at her. The way he is looking at her I know he is in love. I am happy for my brother. He has it so easy.

"And you are just now telling me now!" I playfully swat Liam's arm.

"You have been so busy lately." He shrugs. "But I am glad you are here now."

"Me too." I haven't hung out with my brother in what feels like ages.

"Do you know him?" Dani points out the front window and a tall figure staring in at us. Niall.

"Fuck." I turn to Harry and he looks as worried as I do. Niall smiles and enters the Cafe. He grabs a chair and pulls it up to our table.

"Hello." He grins at Dani, holding out his hand. "I am Niall."

"Oh so you're Niall!" She beams. "So nice to meet you! I am Dani." Liam holds a scowl on his face and pulls Dani's chair closer to him.

"Why are you here?" Harry's jaw is clenched. I just want to leave. Leave everyone and everything behind and just run away.

"What Harry?" He tilts his head to the right. "You aren't happy to see me? Because I am sure happy to see you."

"Niall do you really have to do this here." I try and whisper to him.

"I am just playing your game Charlie." He throws me an evil grin.

"If you would have just come with me none of this would be happening." I snap.

"We will meet you back at home." I hear the annoyance in Liam's voice as he gets up from the table. He takes Dani's hand in his own.

He glares at Niall before pulling Dani out the door.

"Look what you did!" I turn to Niall, who has his eyes glued on Harry.

"Who gave you the fucking right to go on a date with my girlfriend?" His eyebrow furrows.

"You did when you rejected her offer to come." My eyes grow wide at Harry's response.

"I think we should go." I stand up and so does Niall. Harry stays seated shaking his head. "Harry? You coming." They both snap there heads up to me.

"What did you fucking say?" I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

"I came with Harry so I am going to leave with him." Harry stands up behind me.

"To hell you are." Niall takes my hand in his.

"You don't even want to go on a date that means so much to me." I feel the tears brimming. "How do I know our whole relationship isn't a joke?"

I snatch my hand away and walk out of the Cafe before I fall back into his spell.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Harry asks opening the car door for me.

"That would be great." I smile at him. "Thank you so much for everything Harry."

"No problem." He gives me a warm smile before shutting the door and getting in on the drivers side.

The ride home is silent until we reach my apartment building. "I want you to call if anything happens." Harry gives me a worried look.

"I will Harry." I sigh opening the door. "Thank you so much for today." He smiles as I close the door and  he drives off.

"Fuck me." I mumble to myself as I walk towards the front door.

"Already have love and I would love to again." I snap my head up to find Niall leaning against the door frame to the front door. I have no escape.

"What the fuck was that back there?" He steps closer to me but he seems oddly calm.

"The truth." I stand my ground. I can't let him break me.

"This isn't a joke Charlie." His bright eyes pierce into mine. "I love you. Why can't you see that?"

"You couldn't even go on a simple date for me?"

"I know and I am idiot for it. I should have gone with you." He steps even closer, caressing my arm. "I am sorry Charlie."

I don't know what to say.

"Please say something." He grabs my hips and pulls me close. "Please say you forgive me."

"We aren't good for each other Niall." I say looking at the ground.

"You are good for me Charlie. You are changing me and I can't stop it." He lifts my head to look at him. "Without you I'm only have half a heart."