Goodbyes

CHARLIE'S P.O.V.

I grab my last shirt from the dresser, throwing it in my suite case, zipping it closed. I sigh looking over at the clock, six o'clock already. I rip Niall's pillow from under his head, throwing it back at him.

"What?" Niall groans, covering his face with the pillow.

"You need to get up." I jump on the bed. "We have to be at the airport at eight."

"Just enough time to sleep." He grins closing his eyes again.

I sit down next to him, pressing my lips against his. It takes him a moment to realize whats happening but when he does his lips mold into mine, he props himself on his elbow and I roll over on the bed with him on top of me.

"I mean we do have two hours." He grins tugging at my shirt.

"Nice try." I push him off of me, rolling off of the bed. "Now get dressed." I grab one of his shirts, throwing it at him.

"Only so we can join the mile high club." He smirks, sitting at the edge of the bed, slipping on a black and red flannel with a black shirt underneath. 

He gets out of bed, grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans, slipping them on.

"I like this shirt." I smirk. "It is a little bit of a change."

"Don't get used to it." He shrugs, putting on a pair of black converse. "I don't have anymore clean clothes." He zips his messy suite case which makes me cringe but there is no time for me to organize it.

"You ready?" He questions grabbing both our bags.

"Yeah I guess."

"We don't have to go back Charlie." Niall states. "We can stay as long as we want."

"I want to stay here forever but that is besides the point." I shake my head, taking my bag from him and making my way toward the door with him close behind. "We both have school and our lives our back in Iowa. Liam is there, Iris is there, all our family and friends."

He takes my bag from me again and follows me out of our room.

"If you insist." He shrugs. "But the day that you agree to marry me is the day that we escape and go anywhere and everywhere you want. As long as we are together Charlie."

"See I knew you were romantic." I tease him as we enter the elevator.

"I am serious Charlie." Niall says blankly. "I love you so much and I promise to never to screw shit up like I did before."

"I believe you Niall." I nod and the elevator reaches the lobby.

"So you still want to go back to Iowa."

"It's home Niall." I smile at him and he takes my hand.

"Well I have a taxi already waiting for us outside but there is someone waiting to say goodbye." He points to the left and I see Ashton and Luke walking over to us.

"I am going to miss you so much." Ashton looks as if he might cry as he hugs me.

"Well next time you are going to have to come visit us in Iowa." I say looking at him. "Don't cry because then I will cry." I say shaking my head.

"I am not going to." He takes a deep breath.

"I know we just met but I am going to miss you too Luke." I say, hugging him as well.

"It was great meeting you too Charlie." He smiles at me.

"I am sorry I was such as ass to you." Niall states and I turn back to him. He holds out his hand to Ashton but Ashton just ignores it pulling him in for a hug. Niall looks confused but he hugs back.

"You better treat her right." Ashton explains.

"When you do come to visit know that our home is open." I smile at them both.

"I will call you." Ashton nods, hugging me again.

"I hate to ruin the moment." Niall says from behind us and Ashton lets go. "But we should probably get to the airport."

"Right when I get home." I nod at Ashton holding back the tears. "I am going to call you okay?"

"I look forward to it." He nods as Niall and I make our way out to the taxi, Ashton and Luke both follow. Niall puts both our bags in the trunk. I open the door to the taxi but turn back to Ashton.

"Would it be too much if I hugged you again?" I ask, tears start to brim

"What did we say about crying?" Ashton pulls me in for one last hug. "Now get in the taxi before I start crying." He practically pushes me in the back seat. Niall laughs a bit before shaking Ashton and Luke's hand, getting into the taxi next to me.

"The airport please." Niall tells the taxi driver who quickly pulls away from the curb before I have a chance to wave at Ashton and Luke.

"As much I am going to miss this place I am excited to see everyone back home." I explain to Niall. "Especially Liam." I smile.

"You know your brother hates me right?" Niall questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh he does not!" I shake my head.

"Oh he does. He hasn't like me since the day we met. When he 'tutored' me he just pretended to like me."

"Well then we will have to show him the real you." I scoot over to Niall, resting my head on his chest. "Liam will come around. I know it."

"God I hope so." He sighs.

"How was your time in the city?" The taxi driver asks, looking back at us in the review mirror.

"It was more than I could of asked." I respond, looking up at Niall.