Revealing the Past

"You need to leave Courtney." Niall's fists clench and his jaw tightens.

"Oh but love!" She walks over to him, placing her hands on his chest. I stand behind Niall. I want so badly to slap her right across the face but I figure for now I should leave all of this to Niall. "I only just got here." She gives him pouty lips.

He grabs her wrist and throws her hands off of him. "Don't you dare fucking touch me." He growls. He stands a little more in front of me as I watch the things happening around me.

"So this is your little whore you have been sleeping with." Courtney laughs.

"You are calling me the whore?" I laugh. Niall turns to me, anger in his eyes.

"I got this." His eyes narrow before turning back to Courtney.

"Why the fuck are you here?" He questions. I just want all of this to be over.

"I came for the child support."

I gasp at her words but she just laughs. "Niall?" I barely whisper.

"She is lying Charlie. I don't have a kid with this bitch." He snaps.

I have no clue what is happening so I just keep quiet.

"No, I came to apologize." My head snaps up to look at her and she is already looking directly at me. "I am a bitch but I am a natural bitch." She pushes Niall to the side so she is standing right in front of me. She towers over me and I feel so vunerable. Niall looks from me to Courtney then back to me, a confused expression upon his face. I am just as confused as he is.

"I honestly didn't know Niall was dating anyone when we were well ya know." She rolls her eyes. "I may be a bitch but I never want to be that other girl." For some reason I actually believe her. "I am happy to see that you two are still working out after all of that." She pulls out a small piece of paper and hands it to me. "If you ever need anything." Courtney gives me caring eyes before giving me a small hug and leave the hotel room.

I stand, frozen, not sure how to react. "What just happened?" I question, looking at Niall.

"God I fucking hate that women." Niall says running his fingers through his hair.

"I need you to tell me what happened with this women you hate so much." I stick her number in my back pocket and cross my arms across my chest.

"You want to know everything?" He questions.

"Yes. Everything. Don't leave out the gory details." Niall takes my arm and leads me to sit down on the couch. He stays standing pacing the room. He stops in the middle of the room, right in front of me.

"Before I moved here I lived in Ireland with all of my family. But I wasn't the greatest kid." He sighs. "I hung out with some bad people. Did some bad things."

"What bad things Niall? I need you to open up." I give him a pleading look.

"I used to be involved with drugs Charlie." He looks at me for a response but I don't say anything. "I used to sell them and at one point I had an addiction. I was in a downward spiral to hell."

"What brought you back?"

"Courtney. I went to school with her. She found out everything I was doing and she pulled me from the wreckage. She forced me to go to rehab. Once I got out my mum sent me to come to school here. To get away from the horrible past I left behind." He sighs sitting next to me.

"Please say something Charlie." His eyes plea for me.

"I don't know what to say Niall." I say looking down at my lap. I have absolutely have no clue what to say. Of course this is Niall's past but his past is starting to come through the cracks.

"I am not like that anymore Charlie. I was in a dark place then but I am not anymore. You have brought me back. You have helped me through forgetting everything."

"Were you and Courtney ever together?" I question. I need to know the truth.

"For a brief time yes. But we are over and we have been over for a while now." He takes my hands in his. "You are the only person I need in my life."

"Why were you so cruel to her today? After she helped you?"

"But she ruined things for us. That set me off."

"Okay." I nod.

"Okay? What does that mean."

"I accept what you did Niall and I still love you." I run my thumb along his palm. "I think I love you more for opening up to me. For finally showing me you."

"You don't hate me?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Of course I don't hate you Niall. I could never hate you." I reassure him.

"I just need to make sure you know that my past is going to stay the past."

"I know Niall." I manage a small smile from the mess that is this whole day. "Now I say the bed sounds very nice right now." I stand up and make my way back to the bed room with Niall close behind. I strip from my clothes and turn back to Niall. He stares before removing his shirt and hands it too me.

I smile pulling it over my head. Wearing Niall's shirt gives me a sense of protection. I enter the warm bed and wrap myself in the sheets. Niall comes into the bed, wrapping his strong arms around my waist pulling me close.

"I love you so much Charlie." He whispers in my ear. Hearing those words before my eyes flutter close makes me smile,

"I love you Niall."