Chapter 6

Connie woke but, not to the sound of laughed to the sounds of screams. She felt like the room was closing in on her, he was going to hit her, he'd found her again, she couldnt move she could just hear her own screams.

"Connie..." Jacob sat up from the bed, noticing how restless and unpeaceful she looked, "Connie." He spoke louder, she instantly woke, her breathing was rapid, her heart pounding. "Sweetcheeks, you okay?" She let out a sigh of relief "Jacob." She mumbled to herself "It's Jacob.." She let out another sigh. "Yeah it Jacob, are you okay?" Connie nodded "I am now." She sat up and held him close. Which took him by surprise at first but, he held her as he ran his hand through her lose curls, her breathing slowed as she calmed. He looked down while she looked up so their graze met, "Talk to me Sweetcheeks." "It was just a dream, I don't want to talk about it." He nodded and kissed her temple "Your safe here I promise." "What if he follows me from the hospital?" "I'll kill him." He added jokingly but somewhat serious, which made her chuckle slightly.

They eventually fell back asleep for the remaining hours. Jacob woke, hearing a noise very close. He turned his head to see Grace trying to climb on the bed, he glanced at the time, six, he didnt need to get up for another hour. "Hey Firecracker." He smiled as he helped her on the bed, she didn't say anything, she let out a little smile and curled up into his side. He smiled as she did, she let out a sigh as she brushed some of her hair out of her face. "You okay?" "My hair is annoying." Jacob laughed a little, she frowned "Oh you do look like your mum there Firecracker." Grace giggled.

"Jacob... you aren't going to go away are you?" Jacob shook his head "Now why would I do that?" "Cal said I'm a brat and no one will love mummy because of it. But you love her and me." "Well that is true I love you and your mum Firecracker." Grace smiled "I love you too Jacob." He moved one arm around her as she nuzzled into his side.

The alarm rang causing all three of them to jump, Jacob switched it off. Connie unaware Grace was in the room, Connie sighed as she checked her phone. "You okay Sweetcheeks?" She lay back "Sam leaves tonight and he's asking for Grace and him to spend the day together." "So let him he's her dad." "I know but, it would makes things ten times harder, she's use to him not being around. Everytime they spend time together she always ask when will she see him next but I can never answer and now I don't know if she will for years." She sat up "Mummy, whys daddy leaving?" Grace rubbed her eyes as she sat up, Connie looked "He's going away for a while baby." "Is it because I'm a brat." She whispered, Connie looked confused. "Hey Firecracker we spoke about this remember." Grace nodded "But you never said I wasn't a brat." "But I never said you were." He smiled "I don't want to see daddy." Grace looked back at her mum, "But you always do." "I don't want to" She walked back to her room.

"Definatly a mini Beauchamp." He laughed although he soon stopped noticing the expression on her face. "What was all that about?... her thinking she's a brat." Jacob sighed "Cal said she was a brat and no one would love you because of her." Connie also sighed. They got ready for work.

"So this has to be a secret Jacob." Connie looked "I know, don't worry. But if I see him I will kill him." Connie rolled her eyes, "This is weird." She focused on the road, "What is?" "I hardly know you and yet I know live with you and share a bed with you... we've known each other less than a week." "I know but, I like... love you as weird as it sounds I care about and Grace a lot. More than anything in my life right now." Connie smiled as she wiped the lone tear that fell down her cheek, she pulled over not far from the ED, "See you in ten sweetcheeks." He smiled she looked and kissed his cheek, "Sorry about all this." He shrugged "I meant every word, I don't care about how long I've known you, for some weird reason I really care about you." She smiled, her brain begged her to just kiss him but her body wouldn't move, "Jacob.. I'm.. not.. not ready for... that." She stammered, instantly hating herself, "I know sweetcheeks, like I said I'll wait for you." He smiled as he got out the car.

She watched him before she rested her forehead on the steering wheel, cursing herself. She haddn't noticed him watching but, he quickly ran down when he noticed her begin to lift her head.