Chapter 35

Connie was stood looking through the patient notes, when she heard him talking. "So does Ms.Beauchamp know you're here?" Max looked, he groaned. "No I didn't." She glared, Max smirked. "Well I'll see you later... or not." "Real funny Max." Jacob sighed, "Well?" She looked at him, "I'm fine... don't start I was bored-" "I couldn't care less Jacob." "Sweetcheeks I'm perfectly fine." He smiled kissing her cheek, "Don't do that." "Do what?" He smiled, "Try and flirt your way out of this." She raised an eyebrow, "Me? I'd never do that." He laughed, she frowned "Jacob I mean it you shouldn't be here." "I'll work with you all day, please..." He begged, "Fine, your lucky I love you." "I know." He smiled before gently kissing her, she responed but, pulled away "You flirt." She smirked, "Always for you Sweetcheeks." He smiled, she laughed.

"Well aren't you two the talk of the hospital?" A man spoke from the bed, Connie sighed "Jacob get someone else to do this." "Not so fast Connie." Michale spoke, "Bye Michael." She added "Why keep the name?" He continued, "Because I preferred it, Why kill someone?" She glared "Not exactly-" "Why blame me?" "Con?" Jacob looked at her, she passed him the file "Michael Beauchamp... leave him to rot for all I care." She walked out. Jacob passed the file to lily before following her.

"Come on Con, I can't work without you." She turned around and laughed, he smiled as she came closer "You know Muscles, most people would die for a day off where as you..." "What can I say, I was just missing you." He smiled, she kissed him "So tell me why you are leaving the hospital?" She shrugged as she took a seat on the bench. "What did he do?" "VRSA break out, tried to cover it up... blamed me then I get him to confess then divorce." She smiled, he nodded "Nice." He chuckled, she watched. "Sweetcheeks you haven't been right since you dad came back, want to talk about it?" He put his arm around her. She bit the inside of her cheek, "I don't know where to start." She sighed, "Anywhere." He smiled. "Well... I was let's say a 'mistake' my mum was really young and my parents were thrown together after she got thrown out... they never really argued in front of me when I was young. Even though my dad had countless affairs." She sighed, he'd watched her, "When I was around, 7 my mother found these 'friends' As dad was never home, that's when the arguing started. I never quite understood back then but, my mother had a drug addiction. By the time I was 11 she was taking anything she could get her hands on. Then she threw dad out, anyway a year later I stroll into the house as usual and my mums just lying there... then social services try and contact my dad but, at this point he's got a new family and I'm not relevant. So he refuses and I'm put into care." She threw her head  back onto his shoulder. "You really haven't been treated well ever have you?" He sighed, "Yes." She frowned, "Since you came along." She continued. He smiled at her "So it shall stay that way." They both strolled back to the ED, "So Connie, I didn't hear you were pregnant again." Michale smiled, "You didn't need to know nor does it matter to you." She sighed pulling Jacobs arm as she walked away.

Both Connie and Jacob were with a patient, Connie stood reading the notes while she gently rubbed her stomach with on hand. Jacob smiled but, Continued on. She screwed her face up as she felt a sharp kick, "How far are?" The patient spoke, Connie lifted her head up "Pardon?" She smiled "How many months?" The woman pointed to her bump, "Oh Um six." She smiled returning to the notes. "Looks like it enjoys kicking you." She chuckled, Connie glared at Jacob, "Like her father, loves finding ways to annoy me." He smirked at her, which didn't go unnoticed by Jacob the patient. He walked past her "You wouldn't have it any other way." He whispered, she looked down trying to hide the smile that had now formed on her lips, "I'll go book that CT scan." He added, she looked back "Yeah. You do that." She glared playfully. He bit his lip as he walked out trying not to laugh.

"I take it-" "He's the father, yes." She smiled, the woman nodded. "Sorry By the way...  We shouldn't behave like that." Connie sighed, "Like what?" The woman frowned "Um, talking about our personal life... flirting if you will." The woman scoffed "You are treating me do whatever you like." Connie smiled "Yeah well that's not what our boss thinks." "Well im not about to go and complain." The woman laughed, "CT is full." Jacob sighed, Connie rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead "I'll try again in twenty." He smiled, she nodded. "It must be hard." The patient looked at them both, "What must?" Jacob looked "Working and living together." She continued, "It's not actually." Connie smiled, the patient nodded smiling.

Elle pulled the curtain back, "Will you two actually dosome work, instead of standing there gossiping-" "Well It's  not really gossiping is it Elle." Jacob sighed "Jacob work!" "Well as you can see I am... now If you did somehow lose your memory I was shot eight days ago, so I'm sorry I'm not rushing around you 'your' pace and if you also 'forgot' Ms.Beauchamp is pregnant." "Jacob I didn't ask for the reminder I asked you both to work so do it." Elle walked back off, "We will be back." Jacob smiled to the patient dragging Connie out the cubical.

"Jay? You alright?" She looked "Yeah." He smiled "So why are we heading for the on call room?" He shrugged and contined. They walked in, he locked the door "Jacob if your expecting me to help you relive some anger then this really isn't the place." She smirked, he chuckled "No that wasn't the plan... although I like that one." He smirked, he lay on the bed pulling her onto it, she squeeled with a laugh. He smiled pulling her into his side, "What do you want muscles?" Connie smiled, "You." He added, she raised an eyebrow as she moved to sit on his waist. "I remember back in Spain someone made me a promise." He smiled, "I wouldn't call it a promise." She laughed. "Well anyway... I want you to do it." He smiled, she looked as it smile it wasn't one that she was use too, it was more of a serious one. She smiled back briefly "Really?" He nodded "Yeah always, there is no one else I'd want to be a Masters other than you." He brushed some hair out of her she smiled taking hold of his hand. "Did Michale bring this on?" "Yeah. But not him being here but, him having the same name. Made me realise how much I would want that to be us. The same name but not not together." He chuckled as did she, "Well then Jacob Masters I'd love too." He smiled and kissed her "Wait. You do remember the whole deal?" "The ring yes I got you." He laughed before kissing her again.