Chapter 72

"Mum calm it." Grace giggled, before opening the door for Charlie and Duffy. "Grandad with you tell mum to chill out." Grace smiled, "Don't worry she'll be fine later." He smiled. "Hey." Connie smiled, "Right, Connie you go and get yourself ready. We will sort the kids... go." He looked, she smiled and kissed his cheek "Thank you." "Go." He chuckled, Connie ran up the stairs heading for a shower.

She rolled her hair up in curlers before sitting at her dressing table, applying a more visible make-up look but still in some ways subtle. She had a small smokey eye with a small winged eyeliner, along with a pink shade of lipstick. She then set her, now dry, hair free. She brushed it before grabbing her curling iron before styling it and adding her hair piece.

She removed the robe, that covered her modesty

She removed the robe, that covered her modesty. She heard the giggles of her children downstairs making her smile. She pulled on her underwear, making sure she added her gartner. She unzipped the bag, revealing the dress. She smiled and slipped into it. "Duffy!" She called, Duffy came into the room "Connie, you look magnificent." She smiled, "Thank you... can you help with the back please." She giggled, "Yeah course."

The pair strolled downstairs, Charlie looked at her his eyes filling "You look amazing." "Why thank you." She laughed taking a bow, making everyone chuckle "Now my babies look beautiful." She smiled at her three children. The car's arrived, "Are we going with Duffy?" Grace smiled, "Yeah you be good." She smiled before kneeling to their level, "Kisses." She added as both girls kissed her cheeks, Slowly followed by Noah who copied.

"Connie I can see somethings wrong." Charlie looked breaking the silence that was upon the car. "I can't do it Charlie." She sighed, "What are you talking about?" "Marry him... I love him so much but... but I can't." "Don't cry on me... your makeup will be ruined." She chuckled, "Now why can't you marry him?" "What if he does hurt me Charlie?" "As if, you are practically married anyway so just marry him... save the drama please-" "This isn't drama Charlie... I'm scared." She looked at him as a single tear spilt down her cheek, "Of what?" He looked at her concerned, "I'll ruin it." "Connie you aren't now listen to me... you are going to marry the man you love, the father to your children and you are going to finally give yourself a break and stop thinking you will ruin things." She nodded "Sorry." "Just allow it Connie, don't over think things." He smiled.

They arrived outside, with the children already waiting and the ED staff inside, Along with a few other from Holby. Max ran to Jacob, "She's here and honestly, she looks amazing... not that I should say that or that I want her-" "I got what you meant." He giggled before the music began to play and the doors opened