Chapter 37

"Connie where is all this coming from?" Jacob looked, "It's for the best." "For who Connie?" He sighed, "Everyone okay... I just need you to tell me if you are going to be here for our baby or not." "Course I am... Connie please don't do this we was fine." "Please don't make this any harder Jacob." She stood up and walked to the kitchen, Jacob left and drove as he cried.

---------------
Next day

"Staff Nurse Masters." Connie looked, he refused to look at her instead he continued to work. She sighed wondering how she let the man she loved hate her, "I see you did as I said." Elle smiled, "Don't talk to me." Connie sighed walking away. Elle walked over to Jacob, "You okay?" She smiled, "Not really." He sighed as he watched Connie work, he hated seeing her look so tired and weak but she had hurt him. "Fancy a drink later?" "No thanks." He looked and walked away.

You best get him to go for that drink or you know what I said- Elle Connie sighed as she read the message, Jacob walked in "You alright?" He looked "Oh so now you speak to me." She spat in frustration, "Connie you asked me to leave you alone I'm doing just that." He sighed "You should go to the pub tonight." She looked "Why do you care?" He looked back "I don't but you need somewhere to bitch about me and I know just the person!" She stormed off out the staff room, not realising she'd left her phone unlocked on the sofa. Bad move not responding although I think I heard shouting- Elle x Jacob looked through the phone reading every single message. He sighed throwing his head back, not realising Elle. "So still not coming tonight?" "Would it be 'a bad move' if I didn't respond." He glared, Elle frowned "What are you talking about?" "You know what!" He yelled "This! This is what I'm talking about!" He added holding the phone up. His eyes filled "You know I'd thought I'd lost her! I thought she hated me but, no you!" He punched the wall with anger "Get out!" He yelled at her. "Jac-" "Out!!" Elle walked out.

Connie looked around noticing Jacob wasn't about, neither was Elle, she sighed thinking about the pair together. She went to reach for her phone out of her pocket but, it wasn't there. She walked over to the Staff room, she opened the door stood find the place completely trashed and Jacob sat on the floor crying. She gently shut the door and looked around the room before her eyes fell to him. She walked over and sat next to him, "I thought you hated me." He sobbed as he lent into her, she tried to her best to hide her own tears. She'd never seen him so broken. "Hate you, Never." She smiled as she cradled him. "Why didn't you tell me Con?" She frowned unaware he new, "Tell you what?" She questioned before her eyes fell to the phone on the floor. She sighed resting her head back as she ran her fingers through his short hair. "You don't want to leave me?" He looked at her, she shook her head "No." She ran her thumbs under his eyes removing the water that had escaped him. He grabbed her hand "You should have told me-" "did you even read them? Was that really an option?" She sighed, "Sorry Sweetcheeks-" "No I am. I should have found a way too. Instead of just asking you to leave... I though I'd be able to forget- well hide my feelings but I can't... I also couldn't sleep last night." She sighed "We are both idiots." He smiled a little. Connie looked down and laughed, he moved some hair out of her face making her look up "We okay?" He questioned, "If you still want me then yeah." "There's no if it that sentence, yes I still want you." He smiled as kissed her, "We need to clean this up." "We?" He frowned "Yes we now move it." "Not so fast. What's wrong?" He looked at her "What are we going to do about Elle?" "Leave that to me." He smiled kissing her again.

-----------

"Elle threaten Connie again and I swear you A won't have a career B you won't see me again." He glared before leaving her office. Elle walked back out "Quite a stunt you pulled in the staff room." He rolled his eyes and continued to walk off. Meeting with Connie, "Break?" He smiled, "Yeah." She smiled. The pair went and grabbed a sandwich from the shop before sitting outside.

"You sure your okay?" She looked at him, he took her hand and fiddled with the ring "Yeah... I'd really though I'd messed us up." She looked at him "You never could." He nodded and looked at her, "Anyway I never had the chance to ask yesterday... when are you going on maternity leave?" Connie looked forward "I'm not... not till after she is born." "Why?" "Because I don't do sitting at home alone even if I did take time off before we all know I'd end up here anyway." He chuckled, "You probably will after she's born." "Exsactly." She looked back "Well it's your choice." He smiled, "I know that's why I made it." She smiled. Jacob looked at she ate, "Con you aren't looking well. You need to go home and rest." He sighed, "I'm tired that's all." "Home." He raised both brows, "Ugh fine." "I'll see you there." He smiled.

When they arrived back home they got out their cars and walked in the house, "What did Grace say?" He looked "Nothing... I told her you had to work." She sighed removing her coat, Jacob nodded before following Connie upstairs. They both got into bed, "Jay?" He hummed as she moved onto his chest, "Next week is some stupid event I told you about... Will you come with me?" "Yeah I heard about it isn't like everyone going anyway?" "Well yes but, I want you to come with me." "You don't need to ask Masters." She smiled "I still love that being my name." "I know, it's a good one isn't it." He laughed, "Now try and sleep sweetcheeks." He added.