Chapter 40

"Are you coming home today baby?" Connie cooed, as she got Ivie ready. She had packed up her things and fed her while she waited for Jacob. He walked in, "You ready?" "As I'll ever be." She smiled as Jacob placed the car seat on the bed. Connie looked down as Ivie made a noise, she smirked "I think someone's left daddy a surprise." "Woah why's it for me?" She laughed, "Because it is Muscles." He shook his head and quickly changed her. "It's alright we will get mummy back, I'm sure Grace will help." He cooed. Connie laughed "Sure you will." He nodded as he put her in the car seat.

Connie sat in the back on the way home, she couldn't remove her eyes from her daughter. All of it was a fast blur but, she was glad that her baby was okay, along with herself. Her eyes fell to the house "I didn't realise we were back." She smiled, he laughed as he grabbed the car seat while Connie unlocked the door. "Well I see you didn't blow it up, in the two days I was gone." She smirked sitting down "Course not." He smiled,"How are the stitches?" "Sore." She sighed as she watched him place their baby in her moses basket. "Now would you like a drink?" He smiled, "Water would be nice." He nodded and went to get her a drink. She heard the gentle movement of her daughter before a tired cry came. She walked over and noticed she had lost her dummy, Connie smiled as she gave it her back. "Everything okay?" "Hmmm... yeah she's just tired." Connie smiled, Jacob nodded as a knock came through the door.

He answered it, the man looked Jacob up and down with a slight look of disgust. "Hello... not to be rude but, who are you?" Jacob smiled "Sam." He pushed Jacob to the side walking in. Jacob stood in shock that he was here but, how he had just been treated. "Jay, who is it?... if it's my dad coming to apologies tell him I'm busy or something." She called in a hushed tone as she gently rocked Ivie to sleep. "Hello Connie." Sam waited for her to turn around, she looked "Why are you here?" "To see Grace." "Get out." She sighed, "Can I not see my daughter now?" "No, now leave... how did you even find out-" "Oh Connie please don't ask questions and just let me see her." "No Sam. I'm busy... Grace is at school just go." Ivie began to cry, "Here let me." Jacob smiled "No! I'm fine." She snapped as she picked her up, walking to the pool room "Sam out! Jacob I'll talk later." She added before walking in. Jacob wanted to punch him, seeing the smug look that crossed his face. "Bye." He smiled walking out the door. Jacob sighed and went to check on Connie when he heard her.

"It's just like old times." She laughed "Me you the pool and a nice little chat... although you'd get bored and kick me shutting me up... now you missy need to sleep and not fight it." Ivie cried slightly "Ivie-J I don't think so." She chuckled "You will sleep." She added as she gently stroked her daughters head with the back of her hand. She exhaled loudly "When will I just be happy? Things go so well, sort of, then something has to ruin it all... I should probably talk with daddy about all this but, I just don't want to go on about how unhappy I am because I'm not unhappy I'm ever so happy but, the bad things that happen just upset me so much... Your daddy doesn't deserve any of this." She sighed as Ivie cried "Alright Alright I'll stop moaning." She laughed kissing her head.

Jacob chuckled making her head jolt to look at him, he smiled and sat next to her. She watched him "Sorry." She sighed "Don't be." He smiled, Connie nodded leaning her head into his side both of them looked down at a now sleeping Ivie, "She truly is beautiful." He looked proudly, she nodded "I know... it's the Beauchamp blood." She laughed "It must be." He chuckled.

------------

Jacob had brought Grace home, she haddn't left her sisters side since getting back. "Mummy?" "Gracie." "She doesn't do very much... all she has done is sleep." Connie looked with a smile "That's all they really do for a while." Grace sighed, Jacob nudged Connie who frowned "You need to tell her Con." He whispered, she sighed and nodded "Gracie." "Yeah." "How about we go watch a film in my room?" "Can Ivie come?" She smiled "Later." Connie smiled, Grace nodded and ran upstairs. "You know where I am." He smiled she nodded and kissed him "See you in a bit." She added before following Grace.

They lay under the covers, "Grace." "Yes." Grace looked at her mum "Daddy came today." Connie looked "Daddy? My real daddy?" She frowned, Connie nodded "Why?" "He wants to see y-" "No!... can we watch this?" "Yes but Grace you need to think about this." She paused "Okay I have and No I don't want to." Connie looked at her daughter who now had her arms folded and a frown on her face. She gently ran her hand up Graces leg and up to the unders of her arms tickling her. Grace giggled and wriggled away, "Now how about we look at some things for your new bedroom?" Connie smiled, "Can we watch the film after?" "We can do both." Connie smiled as she grabbed her laptop and put the film on the tv.

Jacob came up a few hours later to find them both asleep, he smiled before waking Connie. "Hmmm.." She groaned "You and Grace fell asleep, you need to eat something." "In... in a minute." She mumbled. He chuckled at her sleep talk "Con... Come on I ordered Pizza especially." She rubbed her eyes "I'm coming." He laughed "Hows Ivie?" "Asleep." He smiled.

They all ate and watched a bit of tv before going to bed, both Connie and Jacob wanting to make the most of their sleep knowing they wouldn't be getting much of it anymore.