Chaper 12

Connie threw herself up from her sleep, her heart was racing, she wiped the few sweat droplets from her head as her breath slowed. She let out a sigh "Just a dream." She mumbled to herself unaware Jacob was lay awake. She got up for a drink, Jacob let her leave. She stood in the kitchen watching the cold water run, "Babe." He spoke softly, "Jay? Go back to bed." She smiled at him, "Don't do that." He looked at her as he walked closer lacing their hands, "Do what?" She looked at him, he looked at her, "Act like nothings happened, I know the nightmares haven't stopped." She pulled her hands away and went to walk off, he grabbed her arm gently and pulled her back wrapping his arms around her waist. She didn't look so he gently moved her face to meet his. Her eyes were filled, she tried to hold the tears that threatened to fall. He cupped her cheek with one and and pressed his lips to her head. She held him close and cried, "When will they stop?" He ran his finger through her lose curls "I don't know baby but, I need you talk to me okay?" She nodded against his chest. She wiped her eyes, "I just want to be me, not this fragile mess." "I know sweetcheeks, it just will take time." "Mummy!" Grace called from her room, Connie quickly kissed Jacob before going to Grace."

"Grace, what's wrong?" "I can't sleep... can I get in bed with you?" Connie came and picked her up, "But you need to sleep streight away you have big school tomorrow." Connie smiled, Grace nodded and stared at her mum. "Have you been crying?" "No." "Yes you have mummy. Where's Jacob?" "In the kitchen, come on bed." She smiled, as she began to walk "Have you two fell out? He promised he'd be around." Grace looked, "No. Why would he be leaving?" Connie smiled, Jacob over heard. He came over and they walked out the door, "Firecracker, I promise I'm not going anywhere." He smiled, causing both girls to smile.

Connie lay with her arms around Grace while jacob had his arms around connie. Grace fell asleep quickly, "You sleeping?" Jacob asked in his husky sleepy voice, "No." She replied, he tightened his grip slightly. She turned over to face him nuzzling her face into his chest, he placed a kiss on her head, a smile formed on her lips even though it wasn't visible to him. "I can't believe she starts school." Jacob spoke, Connie looked up "How do you think I feel, my baby's all grown up." She replied, Jacob smiled back before he gently kissed her. They soon fell asleep.

"Mummy! Jacob!" Grace jumped up and down on the bed, Connie frowned and rubbed her eyes looking at the young girl, Jacob stretched and did the same thing. "It's today! I go to school today!" Grace squeeled looking back at them both, Jacob checked the time it 7:45. "Come on Firecracker, we will go and get you some breakfast." He smiled getting up, leaving Connie to get ready.

"But it looks silly." Grace sighed, "Well how do you want it then?" Connie looked at her "Not like that. With my clips." Connie nodded as she looked down at her baby girl in her school uniform, she looked so grown up. Grace grabbed her book bag and stood at the door, Connie and Jacob snapped a few photos. "Can we go now?" Grace pleaded "Um daddy wants to phone you before we go." Connie smiled "No." She sighed "Firecracker remember what we spoke about." Jacob smiled, "Fine..."

"Hi Gracie, are you excited?"
"Yeah."
"You don't seem it."
"I am... just not to speak to you." Grace sighed
Jacob came over "Firecracker, remember what we said, your daddy loves you lots."
"Well maybe he should act like it!" She yelled forgetting Sam could hear everything, "I just want him to be like you, not even you just to be here and be my dad." She looked down, "Hey hey, he loves you and would love to be here I know it." Grace rolled her eyes "Well he's not been nice to me, so why should I be nice to him!" "For me?" Jacob smiled "Fine. But only because you asked." "Alright."

Grace picked the phone back up,
"Sorry daddy, what I said wasn't nice."
Sam cleared his throat, "It's okay."
"Okay, well I'm going to be late. I try to talk to you soon."
"Bye love you."
"Bye."
Jacob looked and raised and eyebrow
"Oh love you too." She added