Chapter 69

"Jacob, I need your help with this!" Connie called, he came upstairs. "With what?" "Hold this bit." She smiled, pointing to the wrapping paper. He did as he was told, "Many more to do?" "Last one." She smiled, he nodded as she taped. "Honestly cannot believe he is one." Jacob gasped, "He's not." She looked, "Alright well one tomorrow." She laughed and kissed him, "Soon he'll be as old as Grace-" "Don't even mention it." He laughed, "Well let's move these and then I think it's an early night." Connie smiled, "That does sound good." He smiled

--------
Connie crept into Noah's room, before gently tapping him. His speech was obviously next to nothing, although he made noises and could read people's lips extremely well. He rolled over in his crib before pulling himself up, "Happy birthday day!" Connie called, lifting him up. "What's down here for you baby?" Connie smiled as she walked downstairs where the rest of them were.

She placed him down as he slowly looked around at all the presents, he squatted and looked back to Connie and Jacob who smiled, "Girls help you brother out, he doesn't quite grasp the concept." Jacob laughed, both Ivie and Grace came over and helped him unwrap each present. He clapped his hands as some toys were opened, Grace passed him a bit of the paper which he ripped off the box. The girls played with him while, Connie and Jacob cleaned up the rubbish, "What time is Charlie and Duffy coming?" Jacob smiled, "Around eleven." She smiled he nodded.

The doorbell rang, Ivie went and got it "Grandad!" She squeeled hugging him, he chuckled and kissed the top of her head, they all strolled into the living room taking a seat on the sofa. Noah walked over seeing the present in Charlie's hand, he knelt down inspecting it making the pair chuckle. Connie came and sat down, "Someone's a right character now." Charlie smiled, "Yeah, a pain too." She laughed, "How did his appointment go?" Duffy smiled, "Um... Alright, I suppose. He is struggling with communicating although he does stand and scream if you don't get what he wants, I think it's more just frustration than anything." Duffy nodded "Yeah, it'll come with time." Connie nodded.

"While you are here and obvious I've not been at the hospital recently. I have something to tell you." She smiled, "Go ahead." Charlie smiled, "Next few months me and Jacob are finally getting married, it's only going to be a small wedding but, I still need to be walked down the Isle... so will you?" She smiled hopefully. "Of course Connie." He smiled, Jacob came and lay on the fool playing with Noah. "Mummy?" "Ivie." Connie smiled "Can me and Grace play on just dance upstairs?" "Go on." Connie laughed.

"Anyone else coming round?" Charlie smiled, "No, we are going out for a meal later I think but that's about it really." She smiled, Charlie nodded "This year had flew by." "Tell me about it." She smiled. They all spoke and chatted for a while before both Charlie and Duffy left them alone. "So Sweetcheeks what's is it you want to do?" "Not take him out till dinner." He nodded "let him play." She smiled and kissed him.

--------
"Girls are you ready?" Connie called,  "Yeah coming!" Grace called before she heard them run down the stairs. "Where are we going to eat?" Ivie smiled, "Well what's Noah's favourite?" Connie smiled, "Pizza!" She laughed, "So pizza Hut it is." She smiled before they all walked out to the car.

They all sat down eating their meal, "It's weird that he's one." Grace smiled, "It's weird that your now nine." Connie smiled poking her side gently, she giggled. "We do have beautiful children." Jacob whispered, "Hmmm... and just a beautiful family." She smiled, he kissed her temple. "Anymore?" Grace smiled, "Grace you still have some-" "Not food mum. I mean babies?" She laughed, Connie shrugged "Never say never." "Yes or no mum." "Since when we're you boss." She laughed. Grace smiled. "When did you all get so big?" She smiled, "My birthday." Grace laughed. "Funny." Connie smiled, Jacob lent over and high fived her. "I like that one Firecracker." He laughed. "Would you?" Ivie smiled, "Would I what?" "Have another baby?" "I don't know... I think we have just enough now." She smiled, Ivie nodded "But if you had one more I'd be okay." She smiled innocently  before taking a bite out of her pizza.

When they arrived back home, they placed Noah in his high chair, the girls sat either side of him while Connie and Jacob went to light the cake. The four sang happy birthday, Jacob held the cake while Connie recorded. Grace and Ivie helped him blow our the candle, he threw his hand forwards clenching while gurgling, "Cake." Connie looked at him, a new technique she were to try. "Cake." She repeated again, until he made a noise somewhat similar. She smiled and cut everyone a piece.

"That was progress." Jacob whispered, "Yeah it really was." She smiled, he kissed her cheek and continued on eating as did she. "Mum, your going to need to clean out his toys." Grace laughed as did connie, "Most certainly." She smiled, "I love you guys." Jacob smiled, "We love you too." Connie smiled, "Yeah we do." Grace added, "Yeah! We love you Daddy."