Chapter 36

The next day Daryl felt good enough to leave the tent. He kept telling me that my kisses were healing him. He can be such a doofus sometimes. We were all around the fire eating breakfast when Glenn stood up and walked over to face all of us.

"Um guys." He said, shuffling nervously. "So... the barn is full of walkers."

Everyone stopped eating immediately and stared at him.

We left our camp minutes later to check out the barn. Shane went up to the door and looked in through a gap. After he'd seen enough he walked back to the rest of us, standing a safe distance away.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." Shane said to Rick.

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick told him.

"God, this is our lives!" Shane shouted.

"Lower your voice." Glenn hissed at him.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea said.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." Shane agreed. "We've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go." Rick said sternly

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane asked angrily.

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol answered him.

"Okay." Shane said running a hand down his face. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"Shane we are not leaving Sophia behind." Rick told him.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl said.

"You found her doll Daryl. That's what you did you found a doll." Shane told him.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Daryl yelled back, getting angry.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane said, yelling.

"Shane, stop." Rick said, putting his hand up.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!" Shane yelled at him.

"Shut your mouth!" Daryl yelled back trying to get around Rick to fight Shane.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rick yelled, trying to keep the two of them apart.

"What are you doing? Don't come at me man!" Shane yelled at Daryl.

Daryl stepped back and I wrapped my arm around his waist, trying to calm him down. Although I'd like to deck Shane in the face myself.

"Back off!" Rick yelled at Shane.

The rest of the group was pushing Shane away from Daryl.

"Keep your hands off of me." Shane said to Rick before starting to walk away.

"Just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Rick said, his voice raised.

"What are you gonna figure out?!" Shane screamed moving quickly towards Rick.

Lori stepped between them and put her hand on Shane's chest. "Enough!" She screamed at him.

"If we're gonna stay, we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land." Rick yelled at Shane.