Chapter 39

The next day, Shane and Rick took Randall out. They're taking him 18 miles away from the farm.

Daryl and I haven't left our campsite so far today. After we had lunch we were sitting against the chimney, telling jokes and stories.

"So, since neither of us have any duties today, what do you want to do?" Daryl asked me.

"I can think of a few things." I answered, smirking.

I got up and sat in his lap, facing him.

"Oh really?" Daryl asked grinning.

We started kissing hungrily, only pausing long enough to undress each other. Daryl laid me down, so I was on my back underneath him. All that was left was his pants. I was working on his belt when we heard footsteps. We both froze. Daryl reached over and grabbed his shirt for me to cover my chest with.

"Jess? Are you here?" Glenn called out.

His footsteps were getting closer as he came around the side of the fireplace.

"Jess?" He called out again, then looked down. "Oh my God. I am so sorry." He said, turning around quickly.

Daryl laughed loudly. "Can you get lost for a minute, so we can put clothes on?" He asked Glenn.

"Oh, yeah. Sure, sure, sure. I am going away right now. I am so sorry. I had no idea." He stammered nervously.

"Bye Glenn." Daryl said, still laughing.

Glenn practically ran away from our campsite. I started pulling my clothes on as Daryl did the same.

"Well we scarred that one for life." I said

"Yeah. Messing with him after this is gonna be great." Daryl said grinning.

"I'm gonna head over and see what he wanted." I said, giving Daryl a quick kiss on the lips.

"Pick up where we left off later?" Daryl asked, smirking.

"Oh you know it." I said, walking away.

Glenn was at the main campsite, facing away from ours. Even though you can barely see our campsite from here.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your..." He trailed off.

"Don't worry about it. What's up?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Lori just asked if I would go get you."

"Well you found me." I said, stepping towards the house.

"I um... I have a question." He said, looking at me nervously.

"Which is?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Since you were with Merle, doesn't that complicate your relationship with Daryl?"

"My relationship with Daryl has always been complicated." I answered, walking away.

When I got to the house Lori looked nearly frantic.

"I need your help. I think Beth is suicidal." She said quickly.

"What would make you think that?" I asked.

"She kept talking about how pointless life is. She took the knife off of her dinner tray. I think she was going to use it."

I nodded. "I'll go talk to her."