Chapter thirtynine

Listen to All I want is you by Justin Bieber while reading the letter. 

Julianne's pov

After I had lunch with the three girls, I decided that I needed to get out. I needed to refresh myself and forget about him. I needed some alone time though. I had to get out of the dorm and off of campus.

In some ways I felt bad for Carly. She had to deal with my constant whining and crying, but she was a great friend for that.

When I pulled up to the mall, I thought about getting everyone some Christmas gifts. Nothing like late Christmas shopping. I slightly laughed to myself, finally feeling rejuventated.

The first people on my Christmas list wer my mom and dad. For my mom I thought a scarf and gloves would be nice and my dad might like a new toolbox set.

With the money I had saved up from past birthday's and holidays, I got my parents their gifts.

By the time I was done shopping for the rest of my friends I saw that it was already 6:30 and dinner sounded yummy. Today the mall seemed to be very crowded and the food court was a whole other level of chaos.

I decided that pizza sounded good and it had the shortest line of people. The mall was so crowded but even with this many people I could still make out the mop of brown curls and the tan skin that Harry had. I always seemed to encounter someone that I didn't want to see, while out shopping. I guess I didn't have the best of luck.

Once I got my pizza I walked to the other side of the food court to avoid Harry seeing me. Just as I was about to sit down I heard someone call my name.

Shit, shit, shit. I certainly didn't need this and I didn't want to do this here.

When I turned around I was suprised to find Zayn walking towards me.

"Hey!" He said. "Hey Zayn, wanna join me?" I asked, slightly unsure. I wasn't quite sure if Zayn and Harry were with each other. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

"Sure." He responded sitting down in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying not to sound nosey. He looked up laughing. "Late Christmas shopping, what about you?" I laughed as well. "Me too." He smiled at me.

"Is Harry with you?" I sighed and looked down. I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to talk about my relationship problems and anyway Zayn wouldn't want to hear about them.

"No, we uh kind of broke up." I mumbled usure if he could hear me. And at the moment I was unsure if we actually broke up or not, but we certainly weren't together.

"Why is that?" I looked up at him about to speak before he spoke for me. "You don't have to tell me."

"It's just very complicated." I said. "and it's a long story." I added, trying to get myself out of the conversation.

"I've got time." He smiled, putting his hand over mine. I sighed letting everything out. From Harry cheating to our argument or talk, to not talking with him for two weeks.

By the time I finished I felt a tear escape and my breathing getting heavy. 

Don't cry, he's not worth it.

It's true though, he's not worth all the pain and crying that I went throught for two weeks. He is the one that hurt me and now I need to show him that I'm stronger than he is. He can't bring me down, even though he did.

Zayn saw my change in mood and immediately asked if I was okay. I assured him that I was fine and continued to eat my pizza. After we finished eating and talking we decided to walk around for a little. When we went to throw our trash away before heading back into the mall I noticed someone looking at me.