Chapter fourty

Julianne's pov

My parents noticed my long absence and came looking for me. "We thought someone kidnapped you, you were at the door so long." My mom had a worried look in her eye as she noticed my current state. My cheeks were red and stained from tears. The roses in my left and the note in my right. She took the note from me scanning over it. "What's this for? What happened Julianne?" I didn't want to speak but she didn't give me an option.

"It's nothing really. Just very emotional, I guess." I could feel the tears in my eyes start to build up and I tried my best to hold them back. "I'm going to go get a shower." My mother and father watched as I walked upstairs. I shut the door to my room, placing the beautiful red roses on my nightstand.

I walked into the bathroom stripping of my clothes and turning the shower on. The warm water ran down my back taking away all of my emotions. The stress that I had was soon lifted and I felt refreshed.

After getting washed, I dried off and put on my dress for Christmas dinner. I quickly dried my hair, and straightened it. I was in no mood to curl it and I was slowly feeling more and more tired.

Once I was finished with my hair I applied my makeup and made my way downstairs. Dinner was being made and I smiled at the memories of past Holidays. I picked my phone up calling all my friends to wish them a Merry Christmas. I didn't think my smile could get any bigger, until my finger slid over Harry's contact. I so badly wanted to call him and wish him a Merry Christmas. I wanted to hear his voice tell me that he was sorry and he wanted me back. I needed him to tell me that he loved me.

If he hasn't come for you yet then he doesn't care anymore. He's moved on and you should too.

The problem with that, is the fact that I can't quite move on yet. The letter that he wrote me brought me to tears everytime I read it and the more I read it, the more vulnerable I became. I remember watching him through the window as he saw me recieve the flowers at the front door. Even though I couldn't clearly see him, I knew that he was crying as well.

Before I could realize it, my finger hit the call button, dialing Harry's number.

He's not going to pick up, he doesn't want to talk to you. 

I so badly wanted to hit my subconscious but that wasn't possible. If he doesn't pick up then I know the point of the card was meaningless. If he doesn't-

"Hello?" The sound of his voice sent chills down my back. It's been almost a month since I talked to him and he brought a smile to my face.

"Hi Harry." My breath seemed heavy and I coudln't seem to get the words out of my mouth.

***

Harry's pov

I watched as she read the letter. I could see the emotion in her eyes, and I knew she was crying. It brought me to tears when knowing she was hurt because of me. I've never cried over a girl, I wasn't soft. I was Harry Styles, and I still loved Julianne. She still wouldn't forgive me but I just needed to get the message acrossed to her that I still care. I always have and she can't runaway from me.

It's true though, if we both tried moving on, I know that we wouldn't be able to. We need eachother. She my other half and I can't live without her. Deep down inside she still loves me as well, but she doesn't want to admit it. She wants to show me that she can do better, but I know my bestfriend to well. I just wish that she would see how badly we needed eachother.

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head and decided to give some of my friends a call. The first person I came acrossed happened to be Liam. I tried to remember the last time I talked to him and I couldn't seem to remember. I quickly dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Liam, it's Harry, Merry Christmas!" I spoke into the phone.

"Hey lad! How's everything going, I haven't heard from you or Julianne in such a long time! Merry Christmas to you to!" I smiled at my friend's kindness. My smile faded at the thought of Julianne.

"Honestly I don't know where Julianne and I stand, I kind of messed up." My voice seemed quiet and shallow.

"What'd ya do man?" I thought for a moment.

"I cheated on her. I was drunk and she came over to suprise me and saw another girl on top of me, ya know." Liam chuckled a little and then stopped. "I've been a mess man." I said again.

"Wow, Harry, I don't know what to say. Has she talked to you?"

"No." I bluntly responded.

"Give her time, she will come around." His voice faded out as I heard another call coming through.

"Liam, someone's trying to call me. I'll talk to you, and maybe we can get together for New years huh?" "Yeah sounds good man. See ya." The line went dead.

I clicked out of the call and over to the other one. "Hello?" I said, my voice cracking a bit.

"Hi Harry." My eyes widened and my breathing seemed to stop. Her voice almost brought me to tears and I couldn't quite belive that she was calling me.

"Juls." That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. A tear slipped out. "I've missed you so much." I heard a door close, and I assumed she had walked into her room.

"I've missed you too, Harry. A lot." 

Hey guys sorry it took so long to update. I love you all so much and I'm sorry this chapter sucks. vote and comment! thanks for 1.2k reads! :)