Dance Gabriel x Readership

You turned the collar of your coat up from your dance jacket you got from classes to protect the savage winds from sending chills down your back. It was just turning October and it was freezing. You felt sorrow as you lightly walked. Gabriel had run in with a couple of hunters and you where running from that.

You were stopped by Castiel who only pulled you into a quick embrace before disappearing off again. God's will your ass. This was not the way a couple should be laid out. A world so cold.

***

Three days later you were sitting in front of the television watching freak storms and accidents happen.

"Storms... Earthquakes, strange deaths." You whispered underneath your breath.

"The Apocalypse."

You shuttered as you stood up to turn off the TV when you heard Gabriel and a rattling bag of candy.

"Hey darling I am back!" His laugh faded as he saw the news and content. You stayed silent as he set down the bag and snapped, turning off the TV. You looked into his beautiful brown eyes and he just smiled.

"You okay?" You pushed.

"I'm always okay." He took your hand and twisted his fingers in between his. You followed his movements. Gabriel then sat his hand on your hip and swayed you side to side.

"Gabriel? What are you doing?" You confusedly allowed him to sway you and smile desperately.

"I'm-um-I'm dancing." You couldn't tell if he coughed or giggled. You laughed lightly and showed him how it was done.

"You know I worry for you when you go out in your own." You laid your head on his chest as he continued swinging.

"Never worry (nickname), I'll be okay." He kissed your head. Hiding your face in his shirt you inhaled the sweet smell of sugar.

You felt safe,
Like nothing would happen.
The confinement in his arms was comforting.
You never knew how to express it besides dancing with him.

"I love you."

"I love you too (y/n)."

(I'd like to give a small shout out to Samisatallmoose. This author is absolutely amazing and I appreciate their work! Keep it up.)