Where Did the Stars Go? Dean x Reader

Dean was out driving late with you fast asleep in the backseat of the Impala. He drove as lightly as possible and tried not to wake you up. The moonlight from the moon above signaled that it was time to pull into some brush big enough to cloak the car and get some sleep as well. He did just that and shut off the engine.

You mumbled something underneath your breath catching Dean's attention. He sat up and looked down at your still figure. You mumbled it again a little louder.

"Where did the stars go?" It was faint. Dean didn't like the way you said that so he opened the passenger side door and exited the car. He looked up to the star littered sky and smiled. He sat himself on the hood and popped open a beer.

You on the other hand slowly woke up from the movement and pulled Dean's jacket off your hip and put it on. You exited the Impala and joined him on the hood.

"Did I wake you?" Dean asked.

"Just a little. I needed to wake up anyway." You shrugged. Dean took a small sip from his beer and handed it to you. You took the bottle from the neck and took a small sip. The liquid burned going down but then turned sweet.

"You said something strange in your sleep." Dean said as you passed back the bottle. You knew exactly what he meant and you showed no response.

"What was it all about? (Y/n), please?" He begged. You pointed up towards the stars as 10 by 10 turned to 100 by 100 flickered out. Dean looked up in an unsatisfied way. He was very confused until the only thing that shown was the moon.

"What?" He averts his gaze into your (e/c) eyes.

"Its rare to see thus ever happen." You replied. The moonlight soaked into your face making Dean anxious and happy. You leaned in and he wrapped his comforting arms around you and kissed your head. You eventually fell asleep and Dean set you in the backseat quietly. Before he returned to the front seat to sleep, he looked up into the sky only seeing a single star.

He smiled and sat down. Then, he shut and locked the doors. It was peaceful as Dean fell asleep to the sounds of your steady breathing.