Chapter 26

The two began heading the same way Russia and China had walked off in. But before they got too far, Germany had stopped by what seemed to be a booth, examining it closely.

"This looks similar to something at Japan's place." He eventually said.

"Oh?" England walked over, looking at the booth as well.

"Once, Italy and I attended a sort of drum festival in Japan's place." Germany explained. "I believe Japan was participating in it as well." A small, rare smile spread across his face as he remembered said times. "Times we had off work to go do something with just the three of us were nice." The smile faded quickly. "........I hope we can get to Italy in time. I don't want that memory to become painful."

"Mm, let's continue looking around." England said. The german nodded and the two continued west. However, there was nothing of any interest that way and they were forced to backtrack to the crossroads once again. And, as they began to head north, Germany once again stopped, looking at what looked like a cutting board on the stand China was standing at earlier.

"....Knife." He said simply, England gave him a 'Seriously? Did you just say that?' look. 

"Obviously." England replied. He glanced over at the object next to the cutting board and raising an eyebrow. "Well this is...interesting. I wonder why China was looking at it."

"Probably because of how out of place it is." Germany pointed out. It did look very out of place, especially next to the cutting board.

"That it is...Hm? What's this?" England walked over to a chest full of golden coins, picking one up and examining it closely. "All of these coins are fake, makes sense why they'd be for sale."

"Some of them have a flappable ridge." Germany pointed out, picking one up as well. "Chocolate coins?"

"Hm, reminds me back when America was young." England said, turning the coin over in his hand. "He found out about my pirate days and asked for my treasure. I gave him chocolate coins. Silly boy didn't realize I meant for him to eat them, so when he did, he came crying to me that he was sorry he ate my treasure." He dropped the coin back into the chest. "Though for a while after, anytime I gave him coins, he'd attempt to eat them first. He learned, eventually, not everything is chocolate."

"I feel as though that might explain something." Germany said, dropping the coin he held in his hand as well. England huffed and bent down to examine the box next to the chest full of coins.

"Ah, fake jewels in here. Still fairly pretty to look at." He commented. Then, getting a sudden idea, the brit smirked and glanced over at Germany. "Maybe they'll look good on your lacey little dresses, Miss Germany! Hah!" The german gave him a glare, filled with fire.

"If you make fun of my hobbies again, I will not hesitate to punch your lights out." He warned after a moment's silence between the two. "Is that clear?"

"Crystal...." England grumbled, straightening. "Let's just head north already." Germany nodded and the two began towards the north, past several more stalls with strange symbols above it. Further ahead, both America and Canada stood at different stands.

"So, how's searching going?" England asked as they reached Canada first. The canadian turned, shaking his head.

"So far nothing yet." He reported. "Despite there being a lot of buildings, food, and markets here, there doesn't seem to be anyone around." 

"Well that's annoying." Germany said.

"America thinks if we eat the food, someone is bound to come over to say something." Canada continued, glancing over at his brother. England gave an annoyed sigh.