Chapter 48

"Are we all leaving?" Priestess asked, as the group began preparing to leave the library. 

"As much as it's nice to stay and get more information, we really should be trying to rescue the pope of this church." France admitted. Some of the other nations silently nodded, agreeing.

"Thank you for everything. Priestess, but we should get going." England said. Priestess put his hands behind his back, walking to block the doors from any entry or exit.

"Not yet." He said bluntly. "Before you go..." A pale gold outline appeared behind the arcana, just as books from the shelves began to fly off. Priestess gave a slight smile as the books gathered behind him, all outlined in the same pale gold. "I want to test your knowledge of battle." 

Without any warning, Priestess threw an arm out, sending several of the books flying towards the Nations. And then, before anyone could even react again, Priestess grabbed one of the books, opening it to a random page and sending light bolts out at them. England managed to create what looked like a solid wall of darkness to cancel the light bolts out.

As soon as England dropped the wall, both Canada and Russia immediately sent a shower of ice shards out at Priestess, who simply countered it with a huge shield of light. In fact, it felt like it was nearly impossible to get close to him, as Priestess would either create a light shield or use his books to keep them away.

Until, however, England managed to break through one of Priestess's shield using a darkness blast. It made the arcana unbalanced, leaving an opening for a split second. A second many of the nations gladly took. All of them basically tried to throw everything they had at Priestess, just before Priestess could push it all back using his books.

"That's enough." Priestess said, taking a few deep breaths and steadying himself. "I've seen more than I need to." 

"So can we go yet or not?" Prussia asked, gripping his sword only tighter. Priestess gave what might've been considered a repressed laugh, stepping aside and leaving the doorway open.

"Yes, you may leave." He replied. "You all are formidable opponents." The nations all began to walk out the door, not noticing that someone had stopped.

"England, wait." Spain suddenly said, making the Englishman stop and turn to him. 

"Yes?" Spain bit his lower lip, looking a bit hesitant before finally making up his mind.

"Can I ask you a favor?" 

"Depends on what it is." 

"Well, you see...."

Jesus, this took way too long for me to come out. I am terribly sorry. But hey! I actually updated it, look at me being slightly more productive and less procrastinating than usual! Yay!

Anyways, I'll try to update this more often. It just feels weird updating this only because I used a Chromebook my school provided before. And obviously enough, I don't have it anymore since it's summer. 

So, in conclusion, I'm terribly sorry this took forever to finally come out and I'll try to update it more often. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and thank you for even reading this! See you all in the next chapter!