Chapter 41

"That...isn't Austria." England said, making every other nation turn to him in surprise. Prussia ran forwards, his eyes wide.

"What do you mean that's not Austria?!" He demanded. "He's a victim!" England shook his head, looking past Prussia to Empress.

"The victims always turn into the arcana, don't they?" China asked, looking between Empress and England. "That's how I was treated."

"Same here." Canada chimed in.

"Yes I know." England said, narrowing his eyes. "But, I sense no humanity in him like you two. He's a dream being completely." 

"That makes no sense!!" Prussia yelled, throwing his hands into the air.

"Don't ignore me!!" Empress yelled, stamping his foot. "Die!!" He put the bow to his violin and began moving it up and down on the instrument. Germany groaned, pulling his whip out.

"Right now we have more pressing matters, he's going to attack!" He yelled, making the others turn sharply to the arcana.

"Austria!" Prussia muttered, pulling his sword. "You have to be in there somewhere!!" Empress suddenly brought the bow across the violin hard, creating a loud screech. Some of the nations nearly dropped their weapons, backing away slightly.

"Another arcana that uses sound as a weapon....wonderful." England muttered before quickly casting a darkness spell and sending it right at Empress. The arcana simply leapt aside and started playing yet another melody on his violin, this one more softer than the loud screech.

Before Empress had a chance to try the screeching again, America charged forwards. He swung the bat towards Empress, just barely missing the top of his head. Empress swung his bow out, catching America sharply on the shoulder and sending the nation flying back. Both Prussia and Germany happened to be running towards them. And they, unfortunately, were both pushed back by America as well.

Empress was just about to bring the bow down on the violin again when he was suddenly hit with hard wind gusts, followed immediately by a large storm of ice shards. He brought the bow down, but not for long. Something hard hit him across the head, before someone slashed out at his chest, sending him staggering back.

France lowered his sword, backing away slightly. He had used his Poison Edge attack, but that may have been too much for the arcana. Empress held his chest, stumbling back very slightly.

"...Young master?" Prussia asked. He and Germany had managed to get America off of them and all three were back on their feet. Empress looked up at all of them, coughing up a bit of blood. The two locked eyes for a moment before Empress suddenly ran off into the hall to the left of them.

"Agh- HEY!!" Prussia called after him. Without any warning, he ran after Empress, making Germany nearly run after him as well.

"Prussia!" The german yelled, gripping his whip tighter. 

"After him!" England added, pointing his wand towards the hall. The group followed right after Prussia. The hall had the same red and green carpeting as the rest of the castle. However, as they ran down the hall more, the carpeting grew uneven and scattered. On one red title, there was a card. Another one stood on a green one.

"Ah, so here is Austria-san's card." Japan said, skidding to a halt and stopping by the card. China crossed his arms, looking down at the red carpet piece.

"So does that mean he died in this spot or something?" He asked, looking all around it. "I never understand that." 

"The cards usually aren't in the same place they died in, they just appear." Germany explained, folding his arms across his chest.