Preface

When I look back when we first met I wouldn't have thought that we would end up here. We obviously had our differences. These differences kept us apart for a really long time. Actually, that's not true  many things, kept us from being together, but they were all my fault. She was perfect and I was far from it.

My team once said that I had one of the best smiles, but what most people on the team didn't know was that that smile was covering up how I really feel. I think that what I really struggled with was that I wasn't really ready to be the person I was meant to be I want to keep being the person I was in the past. From the outside people think I am the same person. A soccer player and a free spirit and I guess that hasn't really changed but the decisions I make now aren't just about me anymore. I see her sitting there a crossed from me in this hospital room and I know it's my fault.

This is probably making no sense so I have to go back to the beginning, and not just the beginning of us, but back even before her because when we first met I was a mess. We were both young and both caught up in living our lives. I was in love with one of my best friends, and she was trying to find who she was. She wanted everything planned exactly to the hour and I start to freak out if I am in the same place for more than a couple of hours. She always wanted to go back home and I didn't even think I had a home.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Hey, so this is my first ever attempt at writing something so go easy on me. That being said I would appreciate feedback if you have any or leave comments on parts that you like or dislike. Hope you enjoy it.